All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. -TLR-

Ticket queing

it always makes me laugh every year when, at about 9.30 or so, the calls start up for a lottery system for tickets... as if people think, for some unfathomably stupid reason, that lottery based allocation would somehow automatically mean they got tickets.
  3. If the seller is a ticket holder I hope they fall down a longdrop!
  4. I bought a (now quite rare) t-shirt at the festival in 1992 (or 1993). It was quite dear at the time so took a bit of deciding before I bought it. I have worn it to every festival since! I have a managed to find a spare over the years, but they do fetch a fair price now.
  5. YES! - Drenge were class, met them one night at a PEACE gig. They were talking about being so skint while touring, they did a festival in Poland and could only get fish in milk in the artist area LOL.
  6. kemosabe

Shangri La

Friend went in 2022 when it opened and said it was wicked, proper cool inclusive space. Shame if they've closed it for the terfs or the "when's mens day" crowd like.
  7. Crazyfool01

Glastocam!

Final checks before covers tomoro ?
  8. MJP

Glastocam!

Cherry picker is doing things...
  9. The fairly standard wooden mushroom, which was dipped in mud and driven home to go on the mantelpiece - where its remained since 2005, and itll be his 19th anniversary this summer! Mud is still present on his nose. Every year i look at the candle powered little boats and say i'm going to buy one, despite not really having a vessel that would show it off to its best - and it wasnt even there last year so the (ahem) ship may have already sailed, so to speak
  10. Nuthugger

NFR NFC 24

im doing a bit of at home hiit. f**k going for a run. id be too far away from my cupboard of crisps and biscuits
  11. can you say you identify as a woman or will jk rowling jump out and chin me??
  12. The only system that everyone would universally perceive as fair is one where everyone gets tickets, but of course that isnt possible so you'll always get people complaining its unfair, ballot or otherwise. People always want whatever system isn't the one that failed them, the balot thing is almost like less privileged people voting for brexit, a misguided belief that anything must be better than what you currently have. I get the argument the current system favours big groups, but in reality the only people that are really and truly disadvantaged by it are people with literally no friends or family. I appreciate that those people do exist, but in reality its relatively rare, for everyone else they have the ability to rope in friends and family, if they don't then its on them.
  13. if we are talking talentless, mik artistik gets my vote (will be playing about 15 sets there I imagine) sleaford mods are legends!!
  14. Can't say I have ever noticed any bleed from either more than 30 feet from the entrances so should be fine.
  15. We seem to know which acts are playing Colloseum and Party Arena each day. We also have 4 acts on main stage and 5 on Revolut, prior to a DJ playing the small hours. That means 9 acts per day on the two main stages. I believe them to be: Weds: Tom Odell, Marc Ribellet, L'Imperatice, Blondshell, Joost, Tkay Maidza (3 acts missing) Thurs: Halsey, Aurora, Azahriah, Grandson, Meute, Joker Out, Goldband, Danny, Nova Twins (Full) Fri: Liam, Stormzy, Yves Tumor, Teezo Touchdown, Apashe with orchestra, Liberator, Warhaus, Ari Abdul (1 missing) Sat: Garrix, Tomlinson, Mo, Neil Frances, Zoe Wees, Mannequin Pussy (3 missing) Sun: Janelle, Sam Smith, Fontaines, Becky Hill, Crystal Fighters, Editors, Kiasmos live, Joesef, Pip Blom (Full) Mon: Fred, Raye, Big Thief, LANY, Yard Act, Wednesday, Skrillex, Four Tet, Overmono (Full) So, with Wednesday's headliner and sub, along with some Hungarian names, unless I've miscounted, I don't think we are likely to get many more acts for tbe two main stages (maybe an extra one on the Saturday?) Doesn't make for amazing reading, I've got to say.
  16. That was the word that sprang to mind originally for me too but I toned my response down upon reflection lol - but you are right, they defo are. Price gouging a charity item - wtf is wrong with some people in this world? I thought the same when I was in the Marylebone High Street Oxfam and saw someone haggling with the staff to get an item cheaper. I nearly interrupted them to tell them what I thought of their actions.
  17. Yes be better in the new location, as long as the sound from the Woodland & Convoy doesn't cause bleed.
  18. MJP

Glastocam!

A couple of cars down at the Pyramid. 👀
  19. I'd use a much stronger term than idiotic. So, the bar on sale on ebay is £2.01 more than you can buy it from an Oxfam shop, and then they want you to pay another £3.50 P & P on top! And all that to get a bar that they have already opened and checked. I'd call them c**ts myself.
  20. Last year, that venue is female only I think. However, this year it has been opened up to everyone.
  21. Probably better location for catching passing trade but I like where it has been for the last few years - it felt more intimate somehow because people searched it out.
  22. Yeah once January is over (and that lasts about 6 months I swear!), the year flies by!
  23. Working through the acts so far, I happened across D-Block Europe, utilising an auto tune to levels that actually made me feel queasy to listen to it. I thought that had to be the low point, even on a bill contraining Anne-Marie and comedy dance troupe Confidence Man, but then I remembered Faithless were all set to draw a massive crowd to a sh*t stage by somehow pumping out massive turds stored on a USB.
  24. You cannot compare that sh*t to the Mighty Tap. England's most punctual band! I saw them on the pyramid and loved it TBF. One of the best comedy films ever made.
  25. As the title suggests, have you ever bought, found, or been given something at the festival that stands out to you? A favourite tea towel or tote design, perhaps? Have you ever caught a drum stick, plectrum or set list after a legendary set? Tell all! Mine has to be a hand-painted horseshoe I bought from a lady in the Atchin Tan space in the T&C fields. It's absolutely beautiful and always makes me feel like I'm being looked after.
  1. Load more activity

• Latest Tourdates