Grand Master

Grand Master (14/14)

• Conversation Starter Rare
  • Reacting Well Rare
  • Dedicated Rare
  • Very Popular Rare
  • Posting Machine Rare

Recent Badges

1. I think that it won't preclude you from being selected for pre-festival shifts. But obviously, if you were to be selected, then you would be too late to get a refund on the bus, and you would still need to be able to make your own way to site on the Saturday.
  2. As a food store, for sure. Generally less useful for Glastonbury competitions though.
  3. Fair enough, in that case probably best to check the website on a store-by-store basis then. Crazy really.
  4. F&B is two things - the blackout aspect, and the reflective coating. I'm not aware of anyone else combining the two factors yet, which in all honesty baffles me given how much better it is. Certainly blackout on its own just doesn't do enough of the job.
  5. What does it say if you look it up on the Store Finder? Again speaking locally, but when I go to click on "More about this store", the non main group stores have a note on the page saying "Part of XYZ Cooperative" (example). Whereas the pages for the main Co-op Group stores don't have anything like that.
  6. Hmm. They don't make it easy.
  7. Sure, it's possible. But I think probably shouldn't be taken as guaranteed, at least not past the cancellation deadline next week, and especially the later you get.
  8. Around here, there's 2 different types: Co-op Group are the ones that are useful for the various competitions, and look like this: There's also "Central Co-op", which don't participate in any competitions, and look like this: I think the general rule of thumb is look for the Blue branding, combined with the "square" logo.
  9. I would be very confident that, with persistence, you'll be able to get a spot for her. Where I would sound a note of caution is - there's a reasonable chance that you get the second spot after profiles have locked or after the rostering has been done - so you may not end up on the same shift pattern.
  10. Officially, with a crew band you should only be camping in the assigned crew field. Practically, there's not much to stop you camping in the General Public fields, as the Festival can't realistically enforce that and once gates are open make only a token effort (if you pitch up in a public field on the Tuesday, they likely will remove the tent). But the H fields do have people checking bands on the way in and should challenge someone without the correct accreditation - which in this case would probably mean a Hospitality festival (primary) wristband, a Hospitality paper wristband in conjunction with any other festival wristband, or an AAA/BAA laminate.
  11. It's basically the big-ish stage next door. If you find one, then you'd struggle not to find the other.
  12. incident

Satellite pic.

Very much during the festival, and far higher res than this.
  13. incident

Satellite pic.

Yeah, it's definitely not Friday onwards. Just looking at the Pyramid field, the NHS message hasn't had a chance to fade, and the build work on the Pyramid sound system is still ongoing - so the stage hadn't opened yet. There's crowds at some of the smaller stages around T&C, which suggests to me that it's probably Thursday. I reckon probably about noon-ish.
  14. incident

Glastocam!

The "official" build doesn't start until May. Anything done prior to that is just the farm hands doing a bit of prep work.