Flags 2008

Guest halvin

Mrfunk, I think I should share this photo with you, taken last year.

R

G2007_0052.JPG

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

()

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

||||||||||||||||mike99||||||||||||||

||

||

||

||

||

||

||

||

I thought I'd show these again, I actualy scanned them in to show on last years thread.

Just goes to show you don't have to go to too much effort to make a half decent flag. Just some bamboo, tape, tie-wraps and a space blanket.

This from 98...

starflag.jpg

and this from 99

99flag.jpg

Has anyone used one of these? this was posted by Major Charles Ingram in an old flag thread.

If so, any idea where I can find one? He had a link to Lidle's but they don't have them now.

pole_thread.jpg

I've usualy used my c'van to support the pole

Edited by Staberinde

Hmm, looks like it's called a ground screw. There's one here: http://www.flageron.co.uk/feather_flags.html but it's quite pricey at £37+VAT and probably rather over-engineered. I've never used one.

On a separate note, I've just finished my flag. Woo-hoo! I'll post a pic once the paint's dry.

As for ground spikes to support your poles, i used a simple piece of wood about 1m long, narrow enough to slip inside the base tube of the pole, pushed it in to the ground and slid the pole on top, it survived through last years bash well, cheap & simple...like me :lol:

Hey all......quick question!!

Am planning to be very creative and make a flag as a marker for Chez Norainplease this year! Have been on the skyblue site and ordered pole, bungee and groundstake things!! :P

Question is...... Has anyone on here made a flag using the balnk flags and paints that you can buy from Skyblue? And if so is the blank flag/paint combo any good? Just a bit stumped as to where to start? :P It would seem to be the easiest way to make one? :D

Cheers all and thanks in advance for the help!! <_<

Hey all......quick question!!

Am planning to be very creative and make a flag as a marker for Chez Norainplease this year! Have been on the skyblue site and ordered pole, bungee and groundstake things!! <_<

Question is...... Has anyone on here made a flag using the balnk flags and paints that you can buy from Skyblue? And if so is the blank flag/paint combo any good? Just a bit stumped as to where to start? :P It would seem to be the easiest way to make one? :P

Cheers all and thanks in advance for the help!! :D

Question is...... Has anyone on here made a flag using the blank flags and paints that you can buy from Skyblue? And if so is the blank flag/paint combo any good? Just a bit stumped as to where to start? <_< It would seem to be the easiest way to make one? :P

I'd better answer this here as well as your PM. Yes, the paint from skyblue will work with their blank flags. You'll find that it's much easier to use paint than marker pen -- I found that pen ink spread in the fabric really badly. Paint will bleed, but it only does it badly if you put it on heavily and even then the white's not too bad. I painted the edges lightly then filled more heavily. The paint didn't seem to flow through areas that had been painted, presumably because the fibres were already filled.

For the record, I used about two-thirds of a 25ml pot of white and about a quarter of a pot of black.

Hope the flag goes well, norain.

I have my flag & will be doing final touches tonight (ie adding "Dancing Man" logo) in readiness for use this Friday. Fabric paint purchased from Hobby-Craft yesterday.

My new flag pole from Sky Blue Leisure" should arrive tomorrow. One from last year is..erm...f**ked!

I also have a smaller plain white flag but not finalised my design for that yet but will have at future festivals.

I will post a pictures in due course.

BTW Halvin> nice thread matey, alot of your advice has helped my plan of action. Thank you.

Ok i'm gonna order my stuff from sky blue tonight, all your flags are sweet. I'm gonna have to find someone with greater artistic ability than me to draw on it though, I can only draw things in CAD. I'm quite famous in our group of friends for being the worst Pictionary player in history <_<