Bucket Hats!

Guest Niblet

Being someone of fair skin, I have always suffered in even a few hours of sunshine, I am writing this in a nice shade of lobster as I got caught in the sun yesterday.

I'm looking for a decent funky bucket hat that is at least 62cm in size on the headband, as I seem to have a large bonce to go with it too!

I've been looking at things like the lowe alpine desert hat, (here) but would prefer something that has neck protection on the inside of the hat.

I was also just looking for some decent bucket style hats of a large size and maybe something that I could wear or attach under the hat to give my neck some respite from the 30 degree heatwave we will be experiencing in June :blink:

If you know of any decent web sites, let me know

Edited by Niblet

First Niblet, those hats are the nuts - really good. I've worn em in desert conditions and I burn fairly easily too. You could just go for one of these and the new P20 suncream (used to be shit - awesome protection but needed 90mins b4 sun exposure and it would stain clothes if not left to dry. These flaws now ironed out and it gives Factor 20+ protection, all day, from one application).

First Niblet, those hats are the nuts - really good. I've worn em in desert conditions and I burn fairly easily too. You could just go for one of these and the new P20 suncream (used to be shit - awesome protection but needed 90mins b4 sun exposure and it would stain clothes if not left to dry. These flaws now ironed out and it gives Factor 20+ protection, all day, from one application).

I'm of the ginger persuasion and suffer something rotten if outdoors for more than a few hours. A few years ago I bought a Tilley T5 hat and it's been brilliant. I've worn it in the Syrian/Jordanian desert and Cuban rainforests without getting burned. It's quite expensive but it's got a lifetime guarantee and even comes with free anti-loss insurance.

• 1 year later...