It's tradition 08 !

Guest ding dong

It might be the visit to the stone circle or that first Brothers cider..

What is your traditional , sentimental, superstitious thing you have to do at Glasto, EVERY YEAR.

Last year i hid a plectrum in a , hopefully safe place. (somewhere the cows couldn't eat it..or animal cold be harmed :blink: )

If it is there still i will use it and re hide it.

Ding

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, if thats still there that would be awesome!

I dont have a tradition as such, but I have always camped in the same field every year and dont intend on camping anywhere different this year. I also always do my best to see the sunrise on monday morning, the only time I have ever failed was last year when the rain was just too intense.

It might be the visit to the stone circle or that first Brothers cider..

What is your traditional , sentimental, superstitious thing you have to do at Glasto, EVERY YEAR.

Last year i hid a plectrum in a , hopefully safe place. (somewhere the cows couldn't eat it..or animal cold be harmed :blink: )

If it is there still i will use it and re hide it.

Ding

Get there! OOOOooooooooooo I cannot wait...50 more sleeps!!!

More of a ritual than a tradition, we put on the same compilation 70s album while we set up camp to set the scene. Only after the last peg has gone into the ground, beds inflated and everything is set up do we sit down and indulge in our preferred beverage. We then get the bbq going and chill before going for a wander around the site. We arrive on the Saturday before the gates open on the Wednesday (working for Oxfam Stewarding) and almost have the camping field to ourselves. On the Tuesday night we hold a party for around 100 stewards. Feeling hungover on the Wednesday, it's great watching the first arrivals all excited setting up their own tents and we get to meet and greet whoever our new neighbours are for the weekend :(

For some stupid reason it has become tradition for my girlfriend and I to argue about everything from when the coach drops us off to getting the tent up including - which queue to join - how far to walk - where to pitch - who should be dragging the ton of crap she demands we bring each year - which part of the tent goes up first and which way it all faces. When thats done peace breaks out for fiveish days. Then a spliff and a drink (whist looking around with familiar awe) and then a womble for some pear cider and off to the stones.

Can't wait!!!

Meeting all my lovely Efest chums at the bus on Wed and Thurs :(

Sleeping through most of Sunday afternoon to get my batteries up for the evening for THE SUNDAY/MONDAY UBERBIMBLE OF THE WEEKEND!!!

Fresh Lemonade

A trip to FairyLove

Getting the Delhi belly on Sunday afternoon...9 bloomin years now...a tradition I would LOVE to see the back of this year! :(

Missing pretty much everything I had planned to see

Quaffing Stoli, soda, lime & cranberry all day Saturday

Wondering where on earth 5 days went on Monday morning

My tradition thing is to wander about with the newbies of our group trying to see it all through new eyes again. I always see things I've never seen before too.

Oh, I always seem to go & see the dragon too. Dunno why.

EVERY YEAR SINCE 2002

-----------------------------

Say to my friends when we have got the tents up on the Weds.

" Who fancies walking all the way around the inside of the fence ! "

I have yet to get any takers in 5 years of asking !!!!!!

:(

For some stupid reason it has become tradition for my girlfriend and I to argue about everything from when the coach drops us off to getting the tent up including - which queue to join - how far to walk - where to pitch - who should be dragging the ton of crap she demands we bring each year - which part of the tent goes up first and which way it all faces. When thats done peace breaks out for fiveish days. Then a spliff and a drink (whist looking around with familiar awe) and then a womble for some pear cider and off to the stones.

Can't wait!!!

Um....

We generally get set up then go for a wander to be total glasto geeks and see whats different about the site this year.

I will usually eat too many magic truffles one day and sleep though some bands I really wanted to see :(

I will walk many more miles than strictly necessary because I can't decide what I want to watch or where I want to be!

I will take about a week to get my head back into reality after a 5 day break from the world... and any flooring that isn't grass (or mud) will seem pretty strange for a day or two!