Worthy FM

Guest mike99

Broadcasting for just 1 week per year, Worthy FM exists solely as the Official Onsite Radio Station for Glastonbury Festival.

Worthy FM broadcasts live from the Farmhouse studio overlooking the Festival site. This year we're on air from 12 noon Monday 23rd to 8pm Monday 30th June 2008.

If you're at the Festival this year, tune in on 87.7FM, otherwise you can tune in online via the Glastonbury Festival website at www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/WorthyFM or via www.glastonburyfm.co.uk.

Worthy FM is staffed by a handful of regular managers, plus a crew of volunteers, with new faces each year.

This is from the Worthy FM site

Broadcasting for just 1 week per year, Worthy FM exists solely as the Official Onsite Radio Station for Glastonbury Festival.

Worthy FM broadcasts live from the Farmhouse studio overlooking the Festival site. This year we're on air from 12 noon Monday 23rd to 8pm Monday 30th June 2008.

If you're at the Festival this year, tune in on 87.7FM, otherwise you can tune in online via the Glastonbury Festival website at www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/WorthyFM or via www.glastonburyfm.co.uk.

Worthy FM is staffed by a handful of regular managers, plus a crew of volunteers, with new faces each year.

This is from the Worthy FM site

It's ace like, the records are totally random, they make John Peel's old show sound like Radio 1 during the day.

And their traffic update on the Wednesday last year was along the lines of....."There are major tailbacks in Shepton Mallet and Pilton but if you are stuck in traffic, just hang in there guys and you'll be on site in no time"

Awesome stuff. Shame they are only on air for the fest, I would listen online all year.

:wub:

Yep, I love a bit of Radio Avalon (you'll never get me calling it Worthy FM - this is Opal Fruits x 10,000 :()! In 2005 one night we sat up till tw*t o'clock and ended up in some sort of text-off with what seemed to be the only other group of people still listening. It was pretty funny at the time, but then again we were all absolutely ruined, as it seemed the other group also texting in were too! B)

I'm working/volunteering on it this year :( Happy Days (unless it's torrential rain for an entire week - which is how long I have to be on site for I think!!!!

Yep, I love a bit of Radio Avalon (you'll never get me calling it Worthy FM - this is Opal Fruits x 10,000 :()! In 2005 one night we sat up till tw*t o'clock and ended up in some sort of text-off with what seemed to be the only other group of people still listening. It was pretty funny at the time, but then again we were all absolutely ruined, as it seemed the other group also texting in were too! B)

• 2 weeks later...

Don't really get the point of the thread but...rather than start a new one

Does/has anyone listened to Worthy FM (Ex Radio Avalon)?

I listen every year, it's compulsive once you start listening, they give information on changes to stages (i.e. bands dropping out and what changes are made) and all manner of other interesting information also fun regarding queueing to get in on Wednesday/Thursday and to get out on Monday!

Don't really get the point of the thread but...rather than start a new one

Does/has anyone listened to Worthy FM (Ex Radio Avalon)?

I listen every year, it's compulsive once you start listening, they give information on changes to stages (i.e. bands dropping out and what changes are made) and all manner of other interesting information also fun regarding queueing to get in on Wednesday/Thursday and to get out on Monday!