The Glasto Handy Tips Guide

Guest sinned666

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top tip for blokes:

Buy a male urinal like this and you don't have to leave your tent and walk for ages in the cold and rain to take a slash at whatever ungodly hour the need arises. An aboslute gem after a heavy night. If you think that's horrible then you're welcome to take the walk of doom to the longdrops after a night on Brothers' finest :)

A good idea if you're taking a digital camera (or a phone camera I suppose) is to write your address/email/phone number down and take a photo of it. Have it as the first photo that comes up on the camera display when you turn it on. That way a kind soul who finds it in the mud can get in touch and you won't lose all those precious memories :wub:

maybe i'm being too subtle: 'wide neck for penis' is what i was getting at.

but thats just crude and not even that funny. not funny enough to hijack a thraed that was good before i came along.

so to get back to the point: top tips

tune into worthy fm (87.7FM) for travel info/getting into the mood when you're nearing the site. i think coverage is about 20 miles radius from worthy farm

1st Tip: Make the effort and take the makings for tea and coffee.

2nd Tip: Take a small MP3 player loaded with some chilly lounge music.

Before you kip out the night before, prep everything; fill kettle, have tea bags close to hand, milk and a handy pre-rolled reefer. Then when you wake up you can make tea whilst still squirming about in your sleeping bag. Once made, turn off gas burner, put milk in a safe place, light up and play the tunes. If you do it right, you will be asleep again before you've drunk half the tea and smoked a third of the roll.

Edited by Busterrr!

invest in micro fibre towels

you can get them in various sizes, they are extremely light weight, pack up small and are quick drying and more absorbent than normal towels. just picked up two bath sized ones for £10 on ebay

Great Thread man! My tips:

1. Take disposable cameras rather than any expensive digital cameras or phone cameras, in case you lose it. At the end of the day, disposable cameras are very cheap, much better than losing a brand new phone (As my mate learnt last year the hard way)

2. If you take your wellies into the site inside your bag, you can store some clothes inside, rather than have the wellies take up unneccessary volume of the bag.

3. If you plan to buy some official merchandise clothing from the official stalls, buy them ASAP while the queues are relatively short and everything is still available. It's a nightmare queueing up on sunday afternoon, because it is very difficult to find the t-shirt that you like in your own size.

4. Use the trolley (*winks at r0cky*), to take any crates of beer that you plan to take. DO NOT load them into your backpack and stupidly thinking that you are a word class weightlifter as I did last year (I was a newbie). My back gave me grief for weeks afterwards lol!

For those arriving via public transport - When packing, discard anything you don't really need. No matter how well you plan you will always attempt to bring too much. Happens every year for me.

And my sig below provides great advice. Try it once and you'll wonder why you haven't done this in previous years, although this year I'm considering filling said flask with hot water, sugar, lemon and a few cloves. I'll have my trusty hipflask with me so i can make quick hot toddies at the stones :wub:

Top tip for blokes:

Buy a male urinal like this and you don't have to leave your tent and walk for ages in the cold and rain to take a slash at whatever ungodly hour the need arises. An aboslute gem after a heavy night. If you think that's horrible then you're welcome to take the walk of doom to the longdrops after a night on Brothers' finest :wub:

A good idea if you're taking a digital camera (or a phone camera I suppose) is to write your address/email/phone number down and take a photo of it. Have it as the first photo that comes up on the camera display when you turn it on. That way a kind soul who finds it in the mud can get in touch and you won't lose all those precious memories :D