The Pets Thread

Lithium05

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toxic Shock Syndrome takes Flumpy. Game over. The spoils are mine. :lol:

unless it meets the bottom of my shoe! I could never have a tarantula, I'm a coward when it comes to spiders and I'd live in constant fear of waking up in the middle of the night to find it on my face!

unless it meets the bottom of my shoe! I could never have a tarantula, I'm a coward when it comes to spiders and I'd live in constant fear of waking up in the middle of the night to find it on my face!

My party trick with Miranda Sex Garden (RIP) was to put her in my mouth and close it unbeknownst to guests and then open it as she crawled out. Like in the movies only real and in my mouth.

We have a great pet. Next door's cat. Its perfect. he just wanders round to see us, sometimes spends more time at our place than next door, then wanders back to the neighbours when he's hungry. Started when he was a kitten so i think he thinks both houses are his. Its like having a pet with none of the cleaning after them, feeding, cost and general responsiblity. And our lease says no pets so we couldn't have one anyway.

Our house used to be like a mini zoo but we cut down a bit after our son was born. We currently have 6 cats, a rabbit and some fish but we have had numerous Guinea pigs, various rabbits (never more than one at a time though) and a couple of Degu's.

My wife used to be a veterinary nurse before she retired at the grand age of 26 so she used to bring home all the waifs and strays that came in. I'm at work at the moment so can't post any pics up but I'll try and sort something out tonight. Our oldest cat George is a long haired tabby and he was a feral cat we got off a farm. We then got Kasper who is siamese/tabby and he's the head of our feline household. Fenella is a lilic point Bermin and our most affectionate but ultimately annoying cat as she follows us everywhere and loves nothing better than to jump in your grave when you leave the sofa. Talula is a cream point siamese and as you would expect very noisy! We got Gollum from the RSPCA and he is a Devon Rex. If anyone has owned or knows someone with one of these cats you will know just how nutty they are - he has about 5 mad half hours a day and constantly tries to engage the others in a fight. Finally, we have Kojak who is our Sphynx cat. We've bought him loads of different coats to wear as he's cold a lot of the time and he loves to put on his denim Harley Davison jacket when he's out on the town or his Santa Claus coat around xmas time.

I have 2 cats that will live forever- Merlin a ginger weakling with no tail who smells so much when he breathes on me that I can't let him sit or be in the same room as me, and Jekyll an evil people hater who we feed and that's it.

Also one rabbit who is 7, extremely cute and housetrained and lovable but it is this time of year ie Spring mating season, i am his woman, and he chases me everywhere...it is very tiresome like having a desperate man chasing you constantly :)

...i am looking forward to a life with no pets, just for a little while. :D