The Pets Thread

Lithium05

Had a quick search and couldn't find anything that wasn't about specific animals (mostly dogs)

Anyway at the moment I have a cat and am considering some form of additional creature (but not as high maintenance as a dog or cat!)

I know Brighteyes had his chinchilla until recently, what other pets do people have? Anything you'd recommend would be great :blink:

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course I'll probably just end up with a Hamster so I can call it "Lemmywinks" ;)

*and no it wouldn't be going up anyones arse* ;)

ETA: that's a south park reference by the way, I'm not some sort of weirdo :blink:

Edited by Lithium05

How are chinchillas as pets? I've never known anyone (in "real life" :lol: ) with one so don't know much about them :)

absolutely awesome animals, they have really good personalities - pretty easy to look after, they arent messy at all, just generally ace.

2nd one ive had as a pet. first one i owned was pretty insane/adventurous and would wedge itself between my cupboard and the wall - so it could climb/shimmer up the wall to the top then jump onto my bed/floor/peoples heads. used to spend 95% of the time running around non stop climbing things.

current one is more shy/reserved/laidback and seems more content just to sit on me shoulders and not do much running around, he's pretty lazy really. but has a tendency to annoy the dog

I've got a blue mitted ragdoll cat, called Valo. Yes, after Ville Valo from HIM. And yes, I've been told what a tragic name for a cat, but I don't care! It suits him :lol:

And here he is, guarding the remotes like a typical man.

typicalman.jpg

I've got a blue mitted ragdoll cat, called Valo. Yes, after Ville Valo from HIM. And yes, I've been told what a tragic name for a cat, but I don't care! It suits him :lol:

And here he is, guarding the remotes like a typical man.

typicalman.jpg

hes gorgeous!!!!! i want him!!!!

I have 2 dogs and a cat, I love this cat more than anything, he is f**king ace, he is called Kramer, and he is better than any other cat ever.

How can he be when I own the best cat ever??

A 12 year old Russian Blue esque cat named Dublin, because that's where we went on honeymoon

You married your cat? Ewwwwwww!! :)

My hamster died on sunday

Almost the spit of my cat Ash, who died a few weeks ago.

Sorry to hear that ladies :(

At the moment I have two cats, Connie and Cleo.

Connie is one of the most beautiful looking cats I have ever seen (I'll post photos later, I don't have any on my work computer) but she is annoying as f**k and does my head in! She's like a pretty girl with no personality.

Cleo has proper stumpy legs and the fattest gut ever (she's just big boned ahem) but she is the most amazing cat ever and I love her to absolute bits. She recently had a tumour removed from her foot which she wasn't best pleased about, she had to wear one of those collar things which she found highly undignified and stupid. I do worry about her because the vet said the tumour might come back and we might have to look at amputating the whole foot or leg :(:(

I will miss them both terribly when I move out and have already asked if Cleo can come stay with me for the night every now and then when we're missing each other......I couldn't do this with Connie, she's so stupid she'd think she'd been kidnapped.......when I got back from being in Italy for a couple of months last summer she ran out of the house and wouldn't come near me, she hissed at me because she'd forgotten who I was :):lol:

I am supposedly unable to keep pets in my new flat so I'm looking at getting a couple of rats :D