Faith No More

Guest 0livavu

Faith No More?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Where would Faith No More fit in for you?

• Friday headliner
    • Saturday headliner
    • Sunday headliner
    • Second on the bill
    • Third or lower on the bill
    • At a different festival

281x211.jpg

I was considering this recently...

Were Faith No More to get back together, would Reading (try to) book them and if so...where would they be on the lineup?

For me personally, they would be Sunday night headliner without doubt. But I'm not sure they are well-known enough for that anymore, they haven't maintained their (quite large) reputation since they split. They've gone down a similar sort of path to Soundgarden whereby they are still loved by their fans from back in those days but don't seem to be picking up a great deal of new one's. I could be wrong with that, but I don't hear either of them mentioned much by anyone other than me and Stef on here. I'd love it if both bands reformed and played Reading, as unlikely as that is.

In the case of Faith No More, I don't hold much expectation that they will get back together. I would love it, but I cannot honestly see it happening. But if it were to happen, I think Reading would be the festival they would head to. I don't think they'd fit in as well at Download or Glastonbury these days and they've played Reading previously.

The point I am wondering is where they would slot in on the lineup. I would expect them to be mainstage, there is no doubt about that, and also in the last two bands of a day. I would expect them to be either Friday night headliner or one of the last two on a Sunday.

Would be one hell of a scoop for Reading to get them on the bill though and I really hope they do play within the next couple of years. Really don't think it's likely though given the hostility among the band members and Mike Patton's desire to continue creating new music.

Imagine this setlist though:

Land Of Sunshine

War Pigs

Get Out

Smaller and Smaller

Gentle Art of Making Enemies

Anne's Song

RV

Ashes to Ashes

The Real Thing

Falling To Pieces

Epic

We Care A Lot

Easy

A Small Victory

Introduce Yourself

The Crab Song

Midlife Crisis

Just A Man

That would be absolutely fantastic.

I can dream...

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure they're as relevent as the likes of Smashing Pumpkins or RATM, it would be good but I imagine they might only manage a similar spot to that which Anthrax had at Download in 2005 (about 3rd/4th on the line-up)

At the very highest second headliner... maybe to Guns N Roses when they reform following the release of Chinese Democracy.... so about 2015? :angry:

I would think given their history with the Reading Festival that they could get a headline spot, maybe not the Sunday night spot, but certainly the Friday night. They are just as relevant and revered as Pixies, I would say. I prefer them to Pixies myself, on an aside.

Faith No More and Led Zeppelin are the two bands I am desperate to see. Seen everything else I could possibly want to, but these elude me...

Much as I love them, why mention it? The chance of them getting back together is tiny, and even if they did it'd be far better to see them at their own gigs across the country instead of in front of a shockingly small festival crowd.

And 'Surprise, You're Dead!' would make it into my ideal setlist.

'anybody can be a rock star... not everyone can grow giant pumpkins' - Jim Martin - one of the greatest quotes ever - read it in Q years ago

I've really got into FNM recently - Mike Patton should be an influence to every rock vocalist because of his diverse back catalogue

Edited by kaosmark2