Trolley advice

Guest Bullet

Hey guys, looking for some advice on getting all our gear down to Leeds. As it stands we might be driving down but if that falls through it'll be the train and I'm wondering about the best way to transport everything down. There's five of us and we're taking a 6-man tent that weighs a ton so we were thinking ideally to take some sort of trolley (the two-wheeled ones, you know the kind) to strap the tent to and any other heavy items and just use rucksacks for everything else. Assuming we drive down how easy is it to wheel a trolley around the site, ie will we end up having to carry the tent when we arrive anyway? Anyone got any recommendations for trolleys? Or anyone have any other suggestions that we haven't thought of?

We used a sled to transport all of our Tesco beer we brought to swap at the amnesty from the car park. I think it was 6 crates, and it was a very very bad idea - we could barely move the thing on the flat let alone up hill and it took us hours to cross the campsite.

I'd strongly recommend something with wheels. Wheelbarrow or wheelie bin looked like the best bet, but one of those trolleys would probably be more sensible on the train.

• 1 year later...
Hey guys, looking for some advice on getting all our gear down to Leeds. As it stands we might be driving down but if that falls through it'll be the train and I'm wondering about the best way to transport everything down. There's five of us and we're taking a 6-man tent that weighs a ton so we were thinking ideally to take some sort of trolley (the two-wheeled ones, you know the kind) to strap the tent to and any other heavy items and just use rucksacks for everything else. Assuming we drive down how easy is it to wheel a trolley around the site, ie will we end up having to carry the tent when we arrive anyway? Anyone got any recommendations for trolleys? Or anyone have any other suggestions that we haven't thought of?

i bought a trolley similar to the one on the link for T in the park and it was brilliant

strapped my whole weekends belongings on (crates, tents, sleeping bags etc) and managed fine.

And i was absolutely hammered by the time i got off the bus and walked quite a bit and still wasnt a problem

highly recommended

as for sledges, they are terrible, dont shift a thing

We've used sack barrows for the last few years, absolutly ideal, can strap all kinds on them.

Usually put a small cable lock around them and lock them to the leg of the gazebo, for some reason last year we didn't and some thieving c*nts nicked them !

last year when i was at v i used a dolly (what the coca cola stands on in shops) that i got from tesco where i work. i attached some rope and got a handle from work 2 2 pull it along. managed 2 get 4 cases of beer and all our other stuff 2 the tent through the mud with hardly any trouble.

• 1 month later...