Gay at Glastonbury?

Guest Tabitharocks

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey...

Was wondering if there is anything to cater for us gays and lezzas.... I have been for a number of years and never spotted anything... <_<

Glastonbury is all-inclusive so there's no need to specifically cater for any sub-group.

Having said that, there was plenty of gay goings-on in Trash City last year, and Trash City will be back again this year. So you need to open your eyes to what's at the festival. -_-

im sure I remember reading that there was actually a gay bar somewhere?

But anyway surely you dont need somewhere to 'cater' for you, its not like your are disabled or something and need special access. Glastonbury is very open for anyone and everyone, no segregation there! (

Glastonbury is all-inclusive so there's no need to specifically cater for any sub-group.

Having said that, there was plenty of gay goings-on in Trash City last year, and Trash City will be back again this year. So you need to open your eyes to what's at the festival. -_-

Have to say i agree with the majority on this thread.

I am unaware that there is anything catering exclusivelyfor hetrosexual people, so why should there be anything exclusively for people who are gay ???

Each unto their own but Glastonbury is about the spirit of everyone feeling welcome everywhere on the site !

neil are you saying there was something homosexual about trash city?? <_<

in some ways, yep - the below is from last year's TC press release....

• The NYC DownLow Co-produced by Horsemeat Disco; the UK’s no.1 Gay club night, who will be presenting a homage to the Drag clubs of late 70’s New York with nightly cabaret and lip-synching competitions from East London Drag cartel The House Of Egypt.

Do you really mean to say that in the number of years you've been going you've never noticed gay and lesbian people walking around the site, holding hands, kissing and hugging in public, because in most parts of the site it feels safe enough to do that? As eFestivals says, you need to open your eyes! <_<

When I went there was nothing specifically gay, but in the ethic of Glastonbury as everyone has said, its all a very much free love to anyone atmosphere, doubt anyone would look twice at anything gay or lesbian going on.
Edited by krislomax