RUCKSACKS

Guest i_m_azza

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if anyone is intrested but I have over the past 10 years of going to festivals always bought my rucksacks from Car Boot sales, or the like.

I know this sounds a bit sad but I seem to always find a very decent one for a couple of quid.

I currently have a Karrimor 95 litre one that cost me £4. The guy was selling after not going travelling due to starting a new family.

So I say get checking those car boot sales for bargains.

That's my tip for the day. <_<

I've got a 100litre Regatta rucksack that I use at other festivals, at Glastonbury I take a number of holdalls on my trolley due to the distance involved in walking and the slightly longer event than some. I bought it a few years ago in an outlet mall place for £30ish.

I'd never dream going on a hike with a 100litre rucksack, but it's OK to stumble a mile or so from the carpark to the site, certainly better than having the weight in your hands/arms. I'd still recommend a trolley though!

• 2 weeks later...
This arrived today, very very impressed!!

Loads of room, comfortable, great quality, built in rain cover, plenty pockets, straps to attach tent/sleeping bag etc

Well worth the cash.. get one now!! :D

I'll be taking it to BT if you want to hold off till then to see it... but for £23 it's a deal!

Yeah :D

I will let you carry it from the car - camp just to try it too if you like? :)

• 3 months later...

heya ive come across from the isle of wight forum bit so be kind!! just saw this thread so i thought i would ask my question here :D

are these rucksacks comfy on your shoulders etc because ive never had one before but am thinking of getting one for iow next year....is it easier than taking a normal small rucksake and a trolley?

heya ive come across from the isle of wight forum bit so be kind!! just saw this thread so i thought i would ask my question here :D

are these rucksacks comfy on your shoulders etc because ive never had one before but am thinking of getting one for iow next year....is it easier than taking a normal small rucksake and a trolley?

cool :( defintly going to invest in a bag next year.......maybe if i get one big enough i can sleep in it if i get cold at night :D

Ok, well ive had a look around sport shops,argos,millets(too pricey!) for a big enough rucksack to carry all my food/drink clothes sleeping bag etc..

I was thinking of getting around a 70-80 litre rucksack....will this be big enough ?

what size rucksacks do you ppl usually take with to glasto or any festival ?

i dont mind carry my tent in my hand..just would prefer the majority strapped on me back.

A 55 litre and a kit bag does me. Bought a Eurohike one for £25 (on sale from £40) from millets. Solid buy and has done me for a couple of years so far. Sleeping bag, toiletries, torch, water bottle and clothes inside. Kit bag takes food, tent and cooking stuff, slung over shoulder. Chair in other hand and that's me sorted.

• 1 year later...

There are many different types of waterproof rucksack bags as per your need.Exped Drypack WB30 is a good bag it is lightweight, clean-cut and waterproof daypack has been refined to the basics. Compact size combined with a body contact profile packsack with a generous opening will make Drypack WB your favourite companion.