Should I buy a Cheap Trolley

Guest strudders

Not a cheap one, but this survived several festivals and some serious mud last year.

The whole thing is collapsable and the wheels come off too if needs be.

Clicky me

Sometimes ive added a bit of plywood at the bottom to give a wider base.

It's meant to be a Carp Fishing trolley and carry about 30k

Edited by bambina

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Dad bought me one for my Birthday (pre Glasto) this year from Aldi.

Lightweight and the handle is extendable. Wheels can be removed too. The whole thing was small enough to put in my rucksack and store in the lock ups.

Loaded it with two cases of beer, two wine boxes and two 2 man tents.

Just the trick, though I did wonder if the bad joints in the trakway may do for it.

Survived to make it next year.

I can't recommend enough a baby's 3 wheeler buggy. I use it every year and it carries everything without any lifting required. The wheels don't fall off, it ploughs through the mud with little or no problem and if you get one with the turny front wheel, all you then need are about 10 bungie straps.

We used a couple of bungees to secure everything to the trolley and then wrapped the whole thing in cling film. You wouldn't believe how strong this stuff is if you wrap it round a couple of times. Not a single problem with anything falling off.

Kev

We used a couple of bungees to secure everything to the trolley and then wrapped the whole thing in cling film. You wouldn't believe how strong this stuff is if you wrap it round a couple of times. Not a single problem with anything falling off.

Kev

I cant reccomend these enough tool chest

Theyre so good me and my festival buddy got one each. The wheels are sturdy and cope with rough ground, they hold over a crate each and you can lash stuff to the top and put thing like the chairs round the handle.

Only 2 issues, the handle is a bit short so you can end up whacking the thing off the back of your legs a lot AND the bit where you put your hand on gives you blisters so wrap it it leccy tape.

Other than that it's an 8.75/10 on the Bob scale of approval

Thanks for that.

I rather thought I might be offering advice that might help someone. It appears not.

I'm not sure my bit of cling film will harm the environment too much. The production and distribution of the trolley itself is likely to be 1000% more destructive! Even bungees have to be manufactured.

Kev

Sounds good, I was just thinking of shoving the tents and a few boxes of wine in it along with a few other smaller bits and pieces. The fact it folds away is the main attraction, make it much easier to shove on the bus and store over the weekend.

Yeah, you should buy a cheap trolley, just to lug stuff, since people basically abandon their trolleys at the end of the festival so buy a cheap and nasty one to get you through the festival - then ditch it!

Now i must admit wide air filled wheels must be the best. Last year me and two mates had to take gear for another 2 who was coming a day later.

We were initially going to get a shopping trolley then put bike wheels on it, but ran out of time.

In the end we took a large trolley from tesco's and bought 2 broom handles, we stuck them through the front so one person pushed and steered, and 2 at the front could also push/pull. It also allowed us to lift it when large obstacles etc... got in our way.

Surprisingly this worked extremely well, even going up and down the steep hills. When thier was mud the wheels just glided straight through, it was weird. It was definitely down to the poles and 2 extra people mind at the front.

After the festival we got back to my truck and proper couldn't be arsed, we just lifted it straight into the back and didn't even unpack it. Strapped it in and drove it all the way back to Sheffield.

Once we unpacked it we took it back to the same store and wrote on the handle bar "I've been to Glastonbury" It was funny to see it in the trolley park complete with glasto mud on its wheels.

Anyway sorry for rambling on a bit, but that was my experience of the whole Glasto trolley experience.

:P

If you got a bit of spare cash and dont think you got the strength to lug everything on a trolley then u may want to have a look at one of these.

Ultimate trolley

or some better pics n info here

Click for more

or something within a decent budget

Fold up trolley

Edited by Solo1Konobi