Camp Funk2008-----------Kidney Mead-----join THE Party !

Guest mrfunk

Kidney Mead is the field located due east of the Pyramid Field (Arena), Camp Funk will be centre left just down from that red bit that sticks into the field on the map. Pennards is the long field in the south west of the site with the red road/path in a oblong inside it (west of the white bit on the map with the Healing Fields etc). PLEASE note this is an old map and the new Park Field and camping areas will be in the south west...the big empty gap west of the bottom left of this map!

fineguidemap2007finalveae8.jpg

Flag will be

5m_blue_festival_banner.jpg

Camp Funk can offer you:

Nice view of Pyramid and easy access to it

A change from Pennards for those who have been too many times

Better shelter from the great gusts of wind that can blow through big time in the more open areas

Hot showers at bottom of field

Cider bus at bottom of field

Market and all the lovely food and stalls at bottom of field

Bakery next to field

Bank at top of hill

Flushing toilets at top of hill

Smaller (yet perfectly formed) camp so less need to try and remember EVERYONE's names laugh.gif

Only a slight hill, no lumps

Washing machine drum fire box thingy

Longdrops galore at top and bottom of field...Camp Funk is in centre of field so not close to any smells! laugh.gif

Relatively near to cinema field

No flooding!!

Erm...Mr Funk...your friend..

Cons:

distance from that rather funky sounding Park Field

Only a slightly longer walk to the Stone Circle but walk home takes you through the market so you can get breakfast on the way back

Proximity to Pyramid

Both camps are equidistant to the Dance Village

and its really not that much more of a walk to the Stone Circle than Pennards

And so...there you have it

It offers much more amenity wise too due to proximity to the markets and CIDER BUS!!! biggrin.gif

So far peeps have mentioned their interest. Kidney Mead WILL fill up a lot quicker than Pennards probably due to Pyramid stage proximity (although it is slightly hidden from the Main Field due to the bloody huge hedge on the west side) and we wont be taping off areas...well...probably not.

Anyhoo...

(disclaimer bit...) the list of what is happening and what will be at Camp Funk is subject to change.

Just reply to add your name to the List

check

/index.php?showtopic=79457">here for recomendations. and reviews of 2007 was awesome..!!!

Edited by mrfunk

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did wonder when this ship would set sail, you could've edited the post a bit tho :)

I will defo be visiting the funksters on several occasions over the weekend - especially if they have a fire like last year :P

It's my favourite field to camp in but was full when we arrived late last year. If there is anyone looking for a place to camp I can't recommend it highly enough. Plus those plumbed in porcelain toilets just up the hill are like a little bit of heaven. It is pretty easy to get everywhere from there as well. I am in a campervan for the first time this year, but like I say if you are undecided about where to camp you won't go too far wrong by joining the funksters.

oops

Edited by MikeyB37

Kidney Mead is the field located due east of the Pyramid Field (Arena), Camp Funk will be centre left just down from that red bit that sticks into the field on the map. Pennards is the long field in the south west of the site with the red road/path in a oblong inside it (west of the white bit on the map with the Healing Fields etc). PLEASE note this is an old map and the new Park Field and camping areas will be in the south west...the big empty gap west of the bottom left of this map!

fineguidemap2007finalveae8.jpg

Camp Funk can offer you:

Nice view of Pyramid and easy access to it

A change from Pennards for those who have been too many times

Better shelter from the great gusts of wind that can blow through big time in the more open areas

Hot showers at bottom of field

Cider bus at bottom of field

Market and all the lovely food and stalls at bottom of field

Bakery next to field

Bank at top of hill

Flushing toilets at top of hill

Smaller (yet perfectly formed) camp so less need to try and remember EVERYONE's names laugh.gif

Count us in ...there's 2 of us...cheers

Only a slight hill, no lumps

Washing machine drum fire box thingy

Longdrops galore at top and bottom of field...Camp Funk is in centre of field so not close to any smells! laugh.gif

Relatively near to cinema field

No flooding!!

Erm...Mr Funk...your friend..

Cons:

distance from that rather funky sounding Park Field

Only a slightly longer walk to the Stone Circle but walk home takes you through the market so you can get breakfast on the way back

Proximity to Pyramid

Both camps are equidistant to the Dance Village

and its really not that much more of a walk to the Stone Circle than Pennards

And so...there you have it

It offers much more amenity wise too due to proximity to the markets and CIDER BUS!!! biggrin.gif

So far peeps have mentioned their interest. Kidney Mead WILL fill up a lot quicker than Pennards probably due to Pyramid stage proximity (although it is slightly hidden from the Main Field due to the bloody huge hedge on the west side) and we wont be taping off areas...well...probably not.

Anyhoo...

(disclaimer bit...) the list of what is happening and what will be at Camp Funk is subject to change.

Just reply to add your name to the List

check /index.php?showtopic=79457">here for recomendations...!!!

Count me in plus 3 ( two single ladies!!) Being a glasto virgin last year I had a fab time in campfunk everone looked after us and pointed us in the right direction when we got lost! Oh and the flags were a god send when trying to locate our tent!

Hey Chocky, you wearing the nice dayglo jacket again? it makes you easy to spot...

Enjoyed the bimble to the,um, bimble with you last time.

We can have some "cultural exchange" visits between the camp sites :blink:

If I can find another flashy light do you want a matching one ??

/mike