Weston Park Campsite Guide

Guest Steako

Thanks for the reply. Did you venture through any of the other campsites last year? Which ones would you definitely avoid?

After going for a fair few years and trying a lot of the campsites, I have to say Green is where we usually head in a large group of us. Can always get some sleep and tends to be nice atmosphere.

Red, Orange and Blue would be the ones I personally would avoid but they are close to the arena. I also did like camping in Gold.

For people asking about directions to car parks, it can change every year. Having been 6 times I end up in a different car park every year despite going say way most years, it just depends on the time you get there and where they are directing the traffic to.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know what grey campsite is like recently? Is there good space? Can you get some sleep? How far a walk is it from the arena?

I'm going to try and get into green but if for whatever reason I can't then Grey will be my back up.

Thanks for the recent comments above, they've helped a lot.

Does anyone know what grey campsite is like recently? Is there good space? Can you get some sleep? How far a walk is it from the arena?

I'm going to try and get into green but if for whatever reason I can't then Grey will be my back up.

Thanks for the recent comments above, they've helped a lot.

Ive camped in grey before (I think). Quiet, can get sleep and prob a 10-15 min walk to arena if its the area I'm thinking of. Now we camp in orange and I can honestly say we haven't had that much trouble

Went to V first time last year, just me and the missus, we parked in the west car park and camped in silver. Possibly the biggest possible distance from car to tent!

This year we are planning to take the A5 and hopefully end up in south or east car park.

As for the campsite we had no trouble at all, between green and gold camps so in the quieter area. We didn't have a problem with the distance from the arena to be honest, once your in you tend to stay there, also we arrived pretty late last year and still didn't have any problems finding a pitch.

The only quieter area was probably grey - but that is miles out.

If your going as a couple and don't particularly want to get raided or covered in s*** avoid red.

Gold, Green or Silver is ideal.

Don't know about Orange and Grey is miles away as i said.

Also to bear in mind if your planning to stay in yellow get there early, it filled up very fast last year. Don't know if this helps anyone but hey ho, see you there!

Edited by dan273

Went to V first time last year, just me and the missus, we parked in the west car park and camped in silver. Possibly the biggest possible distance from car to tent!

This year we are planning to take the A5 and hopefully end up in south or east car park.

As for the campsite we had no trouble at all, between green and gold camps so in the quieter area. We didn't have a problem with the distance from the arena to be honest, once your in you tend to stay there, also we arrived pretty late last year and still didn't have any problems finding a pitch.

The only quieter area was probably grey - but that is miles out.

If your going as a couple and don't particularly want to get raided or covered in s*** avoid red.

Gold, Green or Silver is ideal.

Don't know about Orange and Grey is miles away as i said.

Also to bear in mind if your planning to stay in yellow get there early, it filled up very fast last year. Don't know if this helps anyone but hey ho, see you there!

Thank you, that has helped a lot. I'll be going for green but if we can't get in then we'll go for grey. How long is the walk from green to the arena? Isn't grey just across from green? (thats how it looks on the map anyway) What time is it best to set off to get a good spot? Is it best to camp on the edges of the camp?

Thank you, that has helped a lot. I'll be going for green but if we can't get in then we'll go for grey. How long is the walk from green to the arena? Isn't grey just across from green? (thats how it looks on the map anyway) What time is it best to set off to get a good spot? Is it best to camp on the edges of the camp?

Grey is Just across from Green yeah, but you have to go THROUGH Green to get anywhere else, whereas Green, Silver, and Gold pretty much have a path off them to the arena.

The walk could be 10-20 mins depending on how fast you walk, but that's only really a bother when your going back to camp at stupid o'clock knackered!

When you say "set off" I'm guessing you mean Friday morning? This year we are leaving at around 7.00 - 7.30 am, and that's from Coventry, we are aiming to get there just before the gates open, but to tell you the truth, traffic will be horrendous - you'll probably be in major queues whenever you leave so the earlier the better :)

In terms of camping just make sure your not on the edge of the fire-lane / walkway and you'll be fine!

**EDIT Don't camp near the toilets whatever you do!!

Edited by dan273

Grey is Just across from Green yeah, but you have to go THROUGH Green to get anywhere else, whereas Green, Silver, and Gold pretty much have a path off them to the arena.

The walk could be 10-20 mins depending on how fast you walk, but that's only really a bother when your going back to camp at stupid o'clock knackered!

When you say "set off" I'm guessing you mean Friday morning? This year we are leaving at around 7.00 - 7.30 am, and that's from Coventry, we are aiming to get there just before the gates open, but to tell you the truth, traffic will be horrendous - you'll probably be in major queues whenever you leave so the earlier the better :)

In terms of camping just make sure your not on the edge of the fire-lane / walkway and you'll be fine!

**EDIT Don't camp near the toilets whatever you do!!

Nice one man, I appreciate the help. I'm planning on setting off at 06:00AM from Liverpool so we shouldn't have any problems getting into green and i'll be making sure I avoid the toilets haha.

Need some advice if possible, there are about 24 of us heading to V fest for my hen do, obviously we are looking to have a good time & enjoy ourselves but really unsure on which campsite to go for.

- Cleaner toilets

- Fairly lively although want to sleep

- Not too bothered about distance from arena

- Am bothered about trek from the car parks, we are arriving on a coach

- Need to feel safe, slightly worried about our tents getting raided or robbed.

- Be able to pitch our tents, I would say there are 7-8 tents & we would like to get them close to each other if possible

Any help would be really appreciated!

x

Need some advice if possible, there are about 24 of us heading to V fest for my hen do, obviously we are looking to have a good time & enjoy ourselves but really unsure on which campsite to go for.

- Cleaner toilets

- Fairly lively although want to sleep

- Not too bothered about distance from arena

- Am bothered about trek from the car parks, we are arriving on a coach

- Need to feel safe, slightly worried about our tents getting raided or robbed.

- Be able to pitch our tents, I would say there are 7-8 tents & we would like to get them close to each other if possible

Any help would be really appreciated!

x

With a big group you'd be lucky to get everyone together in Red, Yellow or Blue, I'd definitely recommend the same campsites as before (Green, Gold, Silver) If you're looking to party Green and Gold tend to have a great atmosphere, but then all of them do really, but Silver and Grey may be a bit quiet.

Seeing as you're coming by coach though it may be a trek to the camp, i remember the coach stop before was right by west car park which is the furthest from the nicer (in my opinion) campsites.

I'd suggest you check out Orange camp if you arrive between 9 am-11.30 you may find there is plenty of space and this is also quite close to the arena but not as crazy as Red, Blue or Yellow. Only problem of course is that, as its close to the arena it will fill up fast.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but the best toilets on site are unfortunately the same as the worst :( . Pack plenty of wet wipes and practice holding your breath!

Hope this helps a little, see you there!

A few people have mentioned Gold so think we will try there first if not Orange!

Everyone is really excited but absolutely dreading the trek from the coach to the campsite, alot of 'drinks' breaks will be needed I think!

Yes we are expecting the worst with the toilets & people have bought she'wee's and 'boginabag' ha! think they will be lifesavers though! Also got the solar showers incase we need to wash our hair although I doubt it we will be in any fit state too!

If you see 30 raving grannies on the Sunday that will be us! :biggrin:

A few people have mentioned Gold so think we will try there first if not Orange!

Everyone is really excited but absolutely dreading the trek from the coach to the campsite, alot of 'drinks' breaks will be needed I think!

Yes we are expecting the worst with the toilets & people have bought she'wee's and 'boginabag' ha! think they will be lifesavers though! Also got the solar showers incase we need to wash our hair although I doubt it we will be in any fit state too!

If you see 30 raving grannies on the Sunday that will be us! :biggrin:

glowsick-granny.jpg

Edited by dan273

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Me and my best friend are 17 and it will be our first festival - tbqh our first event without our parents and we have some concerns?

First,

Are we going to be able to get dropped off at the festival by my Grandad or is this impossible?

Secondly,

What campsites are best? We don't mind liveliness, we want to be close(ish) to the arena but we do prefer some space and some cleanliness.

Someone help?

Thanks x

• 2 months later...

Bump! first time at V, and this has been massively helpful. having read all 13 pages I've now got a fairly good idea of where to camp and where to avoid. Not getting there till going on 12 on the Saturday, what will my chances be of getting a spot in green? fancy a good few hours sleep! any help would be appreciated.

Hi guys! Me and a large group of friends are going to v this year, however myself and the 2 girls I'm sharing a tent with are first timers! The group majority has been to go to orange so would appreciate anyone who has pros/cons of this site to let me know what it's like :)

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed in Gray last year and was still plenty of space on Saturday. Though be warned, if you end up parking in the west car parks your looking at a good 1.5 hour walk with all your kit, try to get to the south car parks as these are much closer to the less busy camp sites.

Getting close now guys!!! Even though I feel like an old git at V, (being the ripe ol age of 40) still love it!!

Taking my 2 teenage daughters this time, god help me!!