ARCTIC MONKEYS WILL HEADLINE NEXT YEAR

Guest mike99

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, well done.... same old record... there are other stages, i think my problem with it is that they do not DESERVE to headline. bands that headline the UKs biggest festivals should be those who's career has lead to them deserving it, Pearl Jam / Smashing Pumpkins / Blur / Metallica / Iron Maiden / Pixies ... bands who have worked hard to gain their place in the industry. Have released many albums and have a sustaining back catalogue, i do not like some of the bands ive just mentioned but they all deserve the headline.

Bands that have previously headlined after one or two albums have in general been crap (remember the darkness in 04 not being able to fill the set) and maybe should be given second stage headline but they have not done enough to warrent a mainstage headline slot. Its insulting to those who get headlines and deserve them.

[/rant]

if thats ur criteria ur going to have rotating headliners all the time, what about giving bands a chance to headline and see if they can cut it!

glastonbury does that alot with bands like skunk anansie, muse, coldplay, arctic monkeys headlining before other festivlas would give them a chance to headline.

Pretty simple;

Anyone who compares Muse to McFly is an idiot.

Anyone who says Muse can go from a good to shit live act by adding 5 more songs from an album they happen to dislike is an idiot.

Anyone who says Artic Monkeys wouldnt deserve to headline Reading 09 with (what i imagine would be by then) 3 albums under there belt and a headlining slot at Glastonbury is an idiot.

Anyone who thinks a band with 1 album under there belt deserves to headline is an idiot.

Pretty simple;

Anyone who compares Muse to McFly is an idiot.

Anyone who says Muse can go from a good to shit live act by adding 5 more songs from an album they happen to dislike is an idiot.

Anyone who says Artic Monkeys wouldnt deserve to headline Reading 09 with (what i imagine would be by then) 3 albums under there belt and a headlining slot at Glastonbury is an idiot.

Anyone who thinks a band with 1 album under there belt deserves to headline is an idiot.

Sometimes you just gotta tell it how it is man.

I fail to see where:

'Muse are guitar w*nkery pop'

'AM are shit'

'AM are indieshitpop'

'AM are poo'

really counts for 'half the festival fun'

Seems like pointless flaming to me.

Edited by kaosmark2

• 2 weeks later...
Bravo on making a guess which is fairly obvious. Ive got 2 of the 3 headliners for 2009 in my head already (guesses obviously, im not claiming to know, since Melvin Benn won't even know yet)

FRI: LostProphets (New Album out by then, headlining Download.. natural progression would see them headline Reading)

SAT: Arctic Monkeys (Maybe... depends on how long the Last Shadow Puppets thing lasts... We could well see TLSP headlining the NME tent instead)

SUN: Anyones guess... Green Day? Foos? Guns n Roses? The Verve? Could be anyone at this point really, as could the Friday, and Saturday but they would be my early guesses.

i said the same thing yesterday about arctic monkeys headlining......i think we'll have 2 british headliners next year......for obvious reasons.....arctic monkeys must be one of them...cos all other british bands, bar maybe kasabian could do it....or a silly nothing band like snow patrol. but no one wants to see that.

naturally im sure oasis could pull it off, or a reunited blur.......but i dont wanna think about those 2 cos im a fan of niether.....

but dare i insinuate another reunited band could do it ? their reunion show seemed to go down well and theres been no 100% confirmation that thats it. ;)