ARCTIC MONKEYS WILL HEADLINE NEXT YEAR

Guest mike99

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is this one of those threads ya start so when they are announced next year you can jump back to this and say i told you so???

Bravo on making a guess which is fairly obvious. Ive got 2 of the 3 headliners for 2009 in my head already (guesses obviously, im not claiming to know, since Melvin Benn won't even know yet)

FRI: LostProphets (New Album out by then, headlining Download.. natural progression would see them headline Reading)

SAT: Arctic Monkeys (Maybe... depends on how long the Last Shadow Puppets thing lasts... We could well see TLSP headlining the NME tent instead)

SUN: Anyones guess... Green Day? Foos? Guns n Roses? The Verve? Could be anyone at this point really, as could the Friday, and Saturday but they would be my early guesses.

For the love of god... For a start there is already a thread on the FIRST PAGE for people to talk about headliners for next year. Secondly, why are you going around professing you know more about the lineup than anyone else, when your predictions so far have been nothing but speculation and stupidity *cough* AUDIOSLAVE *cough*

thats opinion!!! personally i disagree i think muse have much more depth and diversity in their songs arctic monkeys are pretty uninspired some are catchy but nothing more.

can you really see them being a breathtaking headliner??

i vote no !!!

*books download tickets next year* lol ;)

wow, that one really backfired then.

please stop filling the forums with your random, unjustified guesses.

1. its annoying

2. no one cares

3. theres a million other threads where you could have let people know this, been ignored and saved me 2 minutes thinking of a a smart ass reply

p.s.

Sc**tHORPE!!!

I hear this quite a lot, why do you think that?

Ive always liked them myself, excellent vocals, guitar works sublime and the rhythems pretty good. Personally think they're a great all round rock act. I certainly prefer RATM and Soundgarden but i certainly dont let the band members history allow me to judge audioslave. They certainly wer'nt ground breaking and theyll never be one of my favourite acts of all time but i dont think Tom Morello forgot to play guitar as much as Chris Cornell forgot how to sing when the group merged.

Also i have to say 'Doesnt Remind Me' is one of the most powerful songs ive ever heard.