Bob Dylan thread

sifi

I think he has.

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. It is your assumption that I am entitled to it as well that is irritating :D

In other news, I'm unsure which peformance of Bob Dylan I liked in the film "I'm not there". It wasn't Heath Ledger's or Christian Bale's mind. Maybe Bale's "Pastor Jack"

Edited by sifimaster

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, but you use it every time I bloody speak to you man.

Can you go up to the mirror, place the fourth finger of your right hand so it's touching your thumb and say the word "eggs-aga-ratto" for me please? :D

In other news, I'm unsure which peformance of Bob Dylan I liked in the film "I'm not there". It wasn't Heath Ledger's or Christian Bale's mind. Maybe Bale's "Pastor Jack"

I really enjoyed that film. Really really enjoyed it. thought Cate Blanchet was really good, in fact they all were. Even the little kid wasn't too annoying

thought the whole 'Billy the Kid' story was excellent

:D

I really enjoyed that film. Really really enjoyed it. thought Cate Blanchet was really good, in fact they all were. Even the little kid wasn't too annoying

thought the whole 'Billy the Kid' story was excellent

:P

There were huge parts of it that completely baffled me. The Ledger character with the story of Dylan and Sara I only got about a day later!

The Billy Kid analogy was fairly straight forward mind, other than Pat Garrett was played by the same guy who played Mr Jones - I never thought Ballad of a Thin Man was about a real rivallry, more Dylan just swatting a fly - although he had some sympathies for the fly.

Did you check out the free mp3 on the bobdylan.com site? I can't believe he's got that quality of material just lying around. Anyone else that's a top track. And he just never bothered with it.

Edited by sifimaster

"Like a Rolling Stone"

By far my favorite Dylan track. I just can't seem to get away from it.

i think he sings honestly. Thats all you can ask for

I agree with this. I like his voice.

I quite liked Slow Train Comin'. Well, Precious Angel is a good song

I quite like slow train coming also. There are a few nice we songs on there. Precious Angel being my fave from that album

Good thread! I grew up listening to dylan. I absolutly love him!

Where ?

Here!

I quite like slow train coming also. There are a few nice we songs on there. Precious Angel being my fave from that album

I've not heard "Saved", but don't dislike "Shot of Love" of his overtly religious albums.

I love it when people say they don't like his voice. I suppose the standard response should be "which voice?" - he's got about four or five of them as far as I can work out - depending on which Bob he is at any given time.

Edited by sifimaster

• 3 months later...

One of my favourite artists of all time

Favourite Songs:

Idiot Wind

Tangled Up In Blue

Desolation Row

Love Minus Zero/Limit

It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)

It's All Over Now Baby Blue

Favourite Albums:

Bringing It All Back Home

Highway 61 Revisited

Blood On The Tracks

Another Side Of Bob Dylan

The Freewheelin'

The Man Is An Absolute Genius!

• 3 weeks later...

Tickets for the great man arent onsale until Monday at 9am here for the Dublin gig.

However my dear Mum wants me to be on the ball at 9am to get her "good seats, up the front" tickets for Cliff and the Shadows then too!

:rolleyes:

In fairness I doubt His Bobness will sell out in 5 minutes so I should be ok for a standing ticket.

Just a warning to any potential ticket buyers, Bob usually plays keyboards on the left hands side of the stage as you look at it, with his back turned slightly, ie facing the people on the right hand side of the stage as you look at it. I remember a gig a few years back and 30% of the audience only saw his back for the entire gig!

Just a warning to any potential ticket buyers, Bob usually plays keyboards on the left hands side of the stage as you look at it, with his back turned slightly, ie facing the people on the right hand side of the stage as you look at it. I remember a gig a few years back and 30% of the audience only saw his back for the entire gig!

He's playing guitar again though, isn't he?