Making the festival green............

Guest Rich_chownsie

they did at EOTR....i liked the fact they were green and cared about it all

at end of the road they had seperate bins for food waste, cans, paper etc and it was really good and everything was kept so clean

You provide bins, clearly marked, and ask people to put their rubbish in them, and you also ask them to place their fag ends in appropriate waste containers......

.....that of course, requires that people engage their brains. Not something the Brits are very good at. :)

As well as appropriately marked bins, they should do things like at Glastonbury where all food outlets have to provide recyclable/biodegradable plates & cutlery.

Recycling is pretty well established in most people's daily routines nowadays, so plenty of opportunities to dipose of watse in different bins should mean most folk play along.

It's hardly rocket science!

You provide bins, clearly marked, and ask people to put their rubbish in them, and you also ask them to place their fag ends in appropriate waste containers......

.....that of course, requires that people engage their brains. Not something the Brits are very good at. :)

Last year at Reading they took 10p off your drink if you brought the cup back, so you had groups of people collecting literally hundreds of cups, to get some money back, and possibly collecting enough to pay for your ticket into the festival!

Not a bad incentive to get people to clear up I reckon! Not that I picked up one cup, I'm lazy like that though!

www.kellyandbenji.blogspot.com <--- visit and sign up, you'll only get an email when we post a new blog entry (not too often, yet marvellously comical!)

i like that idea of getting money back....would really get people thinking about recycling :D

They did that at V as well. I can't see any reason at all why IOW wouldn't adopt the same method as it appeared to work well at both Reading and V both festivals being bigger than IOW- I certainly saw very few beer cups lying around, and there was hours worth of entertainment in watching people fighting over them!!

IOW bar's take tokens.........

You'd have to rock up at the token exchange, then having queued for 4hrs, with £3 worth of paper pint pots, get yourself one token!

Not for me thanks! I'll make the effort to move my bones toward a bin when Im empty :D