GCSE Results Clash?

Guest tdrules

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2006 I went to Leeds really early to get the tent pitched with my mates and drink a couple of beers, then to school in York to get GCSE results for about 10am :P

With that out of the way we paced back and were at camp for about midday. That was such a good year :P

So yeah its easy to do both, but if you live out of the are theres no point. Just either go after results or get someone to pick them up for you!

Bloody A2 results this year, which I'm not looking forward to, but they're a week before, so leeds will (hopefully) be the ultimate celebration!

Haha I went to leeds for the first time last year, with AS-Resuts and it was great (with early pass) right up untill thurs afternoon when all the little pubes turned up after they got their GCSEs.

In way I feel sorry for you, but in another, more importaint, way I'm glad the pillocks from my school when getting their GCSEs wont be there weds!

I have A-Level results too, hmm lets see....

newcastle is good :)

although we dont get as many good bands as we should, but hopefully that will get better. we have a carling academy for most bands, an arena for big bands, a city hall for old bands, two uni venues for bands too small to play academy, and te sage for more jazzy and classical stuff. nightlife its pretty good, as is the actual town and that. its no london like, but ace if your looking for something abit 'nicer' quieter and cheaper.

i dont acually go to newcastle uni, i go to northumbria, so i cant vouch for the uni itself.

newcastle is good :)

although we dont get as many good bands as we should, but hopefully that will get better. we have a carling academy for most bands, an arena for big bands, a city hall for old bands, two uni venues for bands too small to play academy, and te sage for more jazzy and classical stuff. nightlife its pretty good, as is the actual town and that. its no london like, but ace if your looking for something abit 'nicer' quieter and cheaper.

i dont acually go to newcastle uni, i go to northumbria, so i cant vouch for the uni itself.

hahaha, mint.

durham is an awesome uni, but the actual town besides being pretty, isnt much cop. im guessing the student nightlife is probably ok, but theres no music venues or anything. you can get the train to newcastle like, only takes about 15 mins, but i duno how much it would be, or what time they finish etc for getting home after gigs and that

hahaha, mint.

durham is an awesome uni, but the actual town besides being pretty, isnt much cop. im guessing the student nightlife is probably ok, but theres no music venues or anything. you can get the train to newcastle like, only takes about 15 mins, but i duno how much it would be, or what time they finish etc for getting home after gigs and that

hmmm, if you could, i would still personally get the train. parking in newcastle aint the best. ive never actually drove in the city centre, the mere thought of it horrifies my slightly!! although people coming from bigger towns might not nfind it so bad.

but the academy doesnt have a car park, and all the random car parks in the town cost, so by the time you pay for the petrol, and the parking, the train might actually be cheaper!!

anyway, you might not even be going there yet!! good luck!!