Placebo

Guest mike99

Have they found a new drummer yet?

Also, they haven't got any new material yet have they? And they have played basically all of Meds basically everywhere in the past few years. Would love to see them again though, would always love to see them.

They're beginning work on the new album this spring/summer, so no chance for any shows this year judging from their general pattern, i.e. in 2002 after the Black Market Music tour they had a year out, in 2005 after the Sleeping with Ghosts tour they had a year out except for a few South American shows, and now after the Meds tour they'll be having a break to record. They are also without a drummer for the time-being as has been said. New album will probably be around spring 2009 so probably some festivals next year, but with Steve gone I really can't see them being around for much longer.

really enjoyed them at Leeds 04, the setlist was way better than in 06 - they were pretty disappointing at Reading technical difficulties aside. They aren't much of a festival band, I much prefer(red) seeing their own shows. I've seen them since Reading (Coronet theatre last March) and they were amazing so I wouldn't agree they've become shit live, just that they don't know how to cater for a festival audience.

hmm at reading in 06 they were amazing. so many technical problems on stage so they had to go off stage for a bit but when they came back on they ploughed through all their singles and were f**king amazing. any other band keeping people waiting would have been booed but for Placebo the wait was worth it ^_^

really enjoyed them at Leeds 04, the setlist was way better than in 06 - they were pretty disappointing at Reading technical difficulties aside. They aren't much of a festival band, I much prefer(red) seeing their own shows. I've seen them since Reading (Coronet theatre last March) and they were amazing so I wouldn't agree they've become shit live, just that they don't know how to cater for a festival audience.

Just because they keep returning to a festival doesn't mean they necessarily deserve it. ^_^ If Brian pulled his finger out a little and realised that nobody but the hardcores give a damn about watching the new album in its entirety, then maybe they'd go down a bit better. Even most dedicated Placebo fans I've spoken to didn't enjoy their last Reading performance. It was mediocre at best, and they can do so much better.

• 10 months later...
PLACEBO ANNOUNCE MORE SUMMER FESTIVAL DATES!!

Placebo have been confirmed to play at Rock Am Ring and Rock Im Park festivals, Germany, over the weekend 5-7 June 2009. Exact performance dates and times will be announced shortly. Other acts confirmed are The Killers, Slipknot and Billy Talent.

true but he was a million times better than the original drummer. There was always too much tension between Robert and Brian, but I don't think this was ever the case with Steve and Brian. It's a shame, I really think Steve was the only one with his feet firmly rooted to the ground. And it does worry me somewhat that without him it's going to be a bit shit.