Placebo

Guest mike99

For me it goes Placebo>WYIN>>>>>SWG>>MEDS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BMM

BMM leaves such a bitter aftertaste for me. The lyrics are really poor ("I read a book about Uncle Tom/ Where a whitey bastard made a bomb/ But now ebonics rule our song/ Those motherf**kers got it wrong." - i mean come on!!) and Taste In Men is just a poor remake of Pure Morning.

However, regardless of opinions, it would still be great to see them back at Reading!

'Placebo' is the decadent and high album which is followed by 'Without You I'm Nothing', which is the comedown.

Aside from 'Peeping Tom' and 'Narcoleptic', they haven't done much worth worrying about since in the grand scheme of things...and they should know that, but they insist on packing their sets with the newer stuff.

Edited by Mike Patton

From Placebo Website:

Placebo Sign New Record Deal for Europe

Placebo have agreed terms to sign a pan-European record deal for the release of their new album – scheduled for an early summer release – with independent label [PIAS]. The band and management would like to sincerely thank all the labels who were in the running to release this album.

Brian Molko commented: “We are delighted to be signing with [PIAS], one of the world’s most respected and successful independent music companies. We were very lucky to have so many great labels interested in signing us, it means a lot, especially after 12 years of releasing records!! But we now feel we have the right partner for Europe in these ever-changing times to continue this crazy adventure and to scale even dizzier heights with our new record

Has anyone heard anything of the new album?

I suspect it'll be average. No Steve Hewitt is a big loss and I'm not convinced by the pretty boy they've got playing drums now...I suspect he's more there for looks than talent, going by his drumming in his previous band.

Placebo will never match the quality of their first two albums, I'm fairly certain of that.

I like it when Placebo get 'dark'. Black Market Music I like alot, just as much as the others, and thats probably there 'darkest' album. Apart from the track spite and malice which is rubbish. But the rest of it I love. Taste In Men, Days Before You Came and Special K = 3 of the best opening tracks for an album ever. Prefereable to the 1st 3 tracks from WYIN, though WYIN is probably my fave overall.

Edited by Spiral_Low

Without You Im Nothing is a fantastic album, as is their debut, BMM is easily for me their worst album

I quite liked Sleeping with Ghosts and Meds

will be listening to the new album on its release, was really hoping they'd be at Download this year instead of Reading and Leeds, it seems its all they ever play, they last did V in 2001, never played download, when did they last play TITP?