ABBA and Girls Aloud

Guest Rich_chownsie

I mentioned Girls Aloud because they're fookin brilliant.

It's kind of sad that an act that's only been around two minutes can release a best of and don't those lyrics actually belong to the Pointer Sisters? (I think, showing age) :)

The Sex Pistols admittedly only had a one album career, but they are a genre defining band. Nothing against Girls Aloud because they do provide quality pop music, but it just seems to me that acts with no real musical pedigree seem to release greatest hits type of compilations with indecent haste.

There are no rules as to how can release a best of album. I know theyre just generic pop but they have a big enough catalogue to do so. Why not i say.

Sex Pistols dont. One album. How can you release a best of with one album? Its madness.

The Sex Pistols admittedly only had a one album career, but they are a genre defining band. Nothing against Girls Aloud because they do provide quality pop music, but it just seems to me that acts with no real musical pedigree seem to release greatest hits type of compilations with indecent haste.

ah give him a break!!! everyone has a secret pop group they like!!! mine is mcfly :lol: i say good on you kris for saying who you like and not caring!

have to add that my boss is a big girls aloud fan and has seen them live a couple of times....

you might wanna check your source on that...

spice girls have sold over 55 million records world wide.

and i think destiny's child have sold even more than them.

you should have re-worded it to "They're the most succesful girl band in recent history"

shich still wouldent be true as sugababes have sold more records than them.

according to wikipedia girls aloud have sold 4.4 million records