If anyone wants tickets

Guest misseatalot

I have just been in contact with Red Funnel and they have cancelled my tickets they were holding for me so there are at least 4 out there with them.

The guy said that he is going through a list of ones they held provisionally as they were over loaded with requests and all bookings couldn't be made at the time. I got mine with Virgin in the mean time. I guess there will be many more than me saying 'thanks, but I got them elsewhere as you never got back to me for over a month!' so worth a call if you are after some.

Hope all that makes sense!

I'm a bit puzzled, whats wrong with just going on the high-speed passenger ferry? I went on it last year, and it was really quick, pretty exciting (like a James Bond film or something), and then there was a bus once we got to the other side giving us a lift to the site for about £3. Not bad if you ask me!

Just seems that everyone goes on the slow one... why?!? (apart from the whole 'car' issue)

I'm a bit puzzled, whats wrong with just going on the high-speed passenger ferry? I went on it last year, and it was really quick, pretty exciting (like a James Bond film or something), and then there was a bus once we got to the other side giving us a lift to the site for about £3. Not bad if you ask me!

Just seems that everyone goes on the slow one... why?!? (apart from the whole 'car' issue)

The Red Jet is more expensive than the car ferry.... They both serve booze though. The only other difference is that they stop at different bits of Cowes- east for the car and west cowes for the red jet.

Personally i think it's a shame the red jet stops running so early after the festival as it would make it so easy for us to go home each night rather than stay!

• 1 month later...

The Red Jet is more expensive than the car ferry.... They both serve booze though. The only other difference is that they stop at different bits of Cowes- east for the car and west cowes for the red jet.

Personally i think it's a shame the red jet stops running so early after the festival as it would make it so easy for us to go home each night rather than stay!

Wightlink operate the Pompey harbour to Ryde pierhead (fastcat), Pompey to Fishbourne (car ferry) and Lymington to Yarmouth (carferry) routes.

Red Funnel do Soton to East Cowes (car ferry) and Soton to Cowes (red Jet) routes.

Red Funnel = con or be conned.

Ive been 15 for 4 years as far as they know. :P

Edited by Kris W

I was purely referring to the red funnel services of car ferry vs red jet as that was what the thread was originallly talking about. And technically red funnel runs to both East and West Cowes as i originally stated from Southampton :P

Edited by manda