Kanye West

Guest sledge450

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sister went to see them live at brighton arena and said they were amazing

and had a full band and everything. I don't really listen to rap music that much

but I have to say he is really decent and writes about stuff that actually mean

something not like bloody 50 Cent. Apparently he uses alot of lights and stuff

so I think glastonbury pyramid stage would be a brill thing and alot of people

would love that.

Cheers,

BlackHole2006

I have no problem with Kanye as an artist, but I just think that overtly pop artists will just do more to kill the diversity of the crowd. It will only increase the numbers of people who will be trying to get tickets to see the big two or three acts and not give a monkeys about the more ecclectic sounds at the festival.

A festival that used to thrive on diversity and underground culture is has become overwhelmed by the mainstream crowds out to "do Glasto". The vibe was dead last year compaired to other years (and no it was not just the rain it rain at many other Glastonburies and other festivals last year without killing the vibe). It still is a great festival in terms of the music on offer but that is almost as far as it goes these days.

The vibe at smaller festivals is so way better.

• 1 year later...
The level of complete snobbery that goes on in this place never fails to surprise me. It isn't just your festival for your kind of music, it is for everybody to enjoy. And Plaskins, that couldnt be much more of a sweeping, insulting statement if you tried. :P

It is a great move and will be welcomed by the majority I should think. Whether you like his stuff or not, kanye is a very very talented man and will go down as one of the greats in his genre I should think.

This thread has messed with my mind - wasn't until 4/5 down the first page that I noticed this thread is almost 2 years old...

Was trying to work out where ME had mentioned him, and why efestivals hadn't put him down on the rumour page if they were sure he was playing. :P

its funny. 2 years ago i would have enjoyed it. now i can't stand the man. can you imagine him at a festival now. there would just be hundreds of flags that said "do you like fishsticks?"

you know it would happen. i'd defdinately do it.

for this reason, i'd like to see him at glasto next year.

why would it be a festival full of hooded chav idiots? its already sold out, kanye being announced would have no effect on what kind of people would be at glasto!!!

i hope kanye does play, he would be a good alternative for people to watch. plus he has been rumoured for last two years now.