Kanye West

Guest sledge450

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be great for the festival IMO, I would not go and watch him but the point of it all is plenty of young uns and others would. Would be a great choice for the other stage IMO

Edited by Petewasbristol

As a lover of Rock n Roll and all kinds of the usual "real music, maaaan" I can confirm that Kanye is indeed one of the greats - those of you who dismiss hi out of hand are no better than the 'hooded chavs' you think like his music.

The level of complete snobbery that goes on in this place never fails to surprise me. It isn't just your festival for your kind of music, it is for everybody to enjoy. And Plaskins, that couldnt be much more of a sweeping, insulting statement if you tried. :)

It is a great move and will be welcomed by the majority I should think. Whether you like his stuff or not, kanye is a very very talented man and will go down as one of the greats in his genre I should think.

Well, he'd be a clear statement of intent by ME regarding a younger crowd. I just kind of wanna know how much he's being paid.

Wouldn't dream of going to see him. A lot of friends went to see him in Cardiff in November said he was great. Mind you this was coming from people who don't go to a lot of gigs.

He is the best of a very bad lot in terms of absence of the guns and bling etc. but most mainstream rappers can't rap live. I doubt he will be an exception

Would have preferred Cypress Hill :(

Edited by Alcatraz

I'd prefer Jay Z, but no way would Eavis book him, plus he doesnt have half the mainstream appeal in this country that Kanye has. I'd say the majority of people in the UK know him purely for dating Beyonce.

I thought it could have been Michael Jackson, what with him possibly doing a UK residency this year. But it looks like Kanye, and i salute Eavis if it is true, it is creative booking if i ever did see it.

Kanye is pretty good, and will probably go down as a hip-hop great (although that may not be justified). He is, more than being a decent rapper, a great producer and song writer. He was producing for Jay-Z when he was in his GOAT phase, repopularised the use of lush sampling and has probably had more chart success than any other black rapper worldwide.

Kanye > The Killers on every level, that's for sure.

i was hoping for stevie wonder :(

nah, in all seriousness, from a person who goes to a lot of gigs, i must say kanye puts on a good show, saw him couple of years ago in hammersmith. It's an interesting choice and a bit of diversity for the festival (although imo the lineup's still pretty diverse anyways), although as another poster said I'm not sure if it'll attract the youngsters that significantly.

i say kanye, ratm and daft punk would be a great choice of headliners, as something pretty different each night...oh and neil young sunday afternoon slot...please mr eavis!!!

Just heard Eavis on 6 music news about the 'black american headliner' and I'm pretty sure it's Kanye West, 6 music seemed convinced it's kanye too.

I think it's a great choice! Also, with the amount of sampling on his records there could be the potential for some very interesting collaborations on stage!

Eavis also confirmed Radiohead and Coldplay are definetly not playing and also said something along the lines of all the other regular headliners weren't available (guess that rules some bands out too. REM? Oasis?)

I think Kanye would be pretty good on the Pyramid...not my cup of tea but I know I'd definitely go check him out!

Am I the only one though, who's gutted that ME is starting the rumour mill?..the way I see it ..... Rumours and near as good confirmations = More people wanting to go = more worry leading up to ticket day + less chance of getting a ticket!!

The rumour mill is as frantic every year realy, if anything, it was more so last year, with there being 2 years for the rumours to get going.

I think he would definately suit on the bill & would bring a bit of diversity... not that glastonbury's short of that lol.

I don't think he would bring a great big crowd of chavs &, though, im not very big on hip hop, i definately respect him as an artist & like a lot of his stuff. Ironicaly, He's one of the few mainstream hip hop artists that doesn't rap about guns, bitches & bling, which, i would have though, makes him more of an authentic hip hop artist.

I don't think the bill will become overrun by bands ME has booked to atract a younger audience though, despite the fact lupe fiasco is now to be confirmed.

I'm quite into trip hop & the more experimental hip hop like Nightmare on wax & dalek, I don't think they'd go a miss on the bill.

daft punk have to play now lol.

i dont have a problem with this, but i dont think he should headline the pyramid hes not big enought or worthy enought to be on a stage graced by such greats as the who, morrissey, james brown and the cure. i think he'd make a good other stage headliner, and i mite even go and see if (IF I actually get tickets)

EDIT: and the whole he'll get chavs to go to the festival isnt true at all, chavs arent going to pay 150+ to see him. Id ME wants to get more younger people to go then lower ticket prices

Edited by dannypal

Would be a cracking choice of headliner IMHO. The stuff he puts out is top notch, he always puts on a good show, and he's popular.

You don't need to be massive to pull of a Pyramid headline slot - look at Moby at the time he did it. He walked it when no-one expected him to.