Benicassim

Guest live_forever87

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's a link to the international festivals forum at the top of this page, post in there. although i think it gets quite busy with benicassim threads so maybe do a search first to see if this one has been covered, i'm sure there'll be plenty of posts on this sort of thing.

Hey there...me and a pal are looking into going to a festival abroad this year after havin the almighty urdge of stickin our 2 fingures up at british weather...Benacassim is really standing out to me with it allowin you to camp upto 9 nights at no extra cost! so you can really make a proper holiday out of it by the sounds of it! i was wondering though if anyone who has been before could answer a few questions for me about the fest....

How cheap can you usually pick up return flights for in advance?

WHats the overall atmoshphere of the festival like? friendly? easy to make friends with campin neighbours?

Is the site near to a beach? what are the sites surrounding area's like? in the middle of nowhere? inner city? holiday resort?

are there many things going on throughout the night apart from the bands?

do many people camp the entire 9 nights?

are the campsites safe and friendly?

cheers :(

Edited by InMuseWorld

Hey there...me and a pal are looking into going to a festival abroad this year after havin the almighty urdge of stickin our 2 fingures up at british weather...Benacassim is really standing out to me with it allowin you to camp upto 9 nights at no extra cost! so you can really make a proper holiday out of it by the sounds of it! i was wondering though if anyone who has been before could answer a few questions for me about the fest....

How cheap can you usually pick up return flights for in advance?

WHats the overall atmoshphere of the festival like? friendly? easy to make friends with campin neighbours?

Is the site near to a beach? what are the sites surrounding area's like? in the middle of nowhere? inner city? holiday resort?

are there many things going on throughout the night apart from the bands?

do many people camp the entire 9 nights?

are the campsites safe and friendly?

cheers :(

Cheers, a big help! :)

1 other lil thing i wouldnt mind knowing is...after reading those threads it seems like its murder attempted to jump on a coach or a train on the monday or tuesday morning.... the flight i am about to book leaves Valencia at 13:20....meaning the latest i could get to the airport on the monday is noon.... so was wondering wether anyone have any experiance of catching the coaches they put on to valencia airport from the festival site on the monday morning....do coaches leave early and regularly etc... ???

any comments would be hugely appreciated...cheers :(

PPL will argue with me but,

Benni is more like Reading on Sea these days. Loads of fluro hipsters last year f**king up the campsites and demanding class A's. Benni shouldn't really be thought of as a relaxing holiday if your on one of the fesival campsites, more like an endurance test (unless your a spoilt ignorant 6th former that is!)

If you can find a room, or somewhere to camp that allowes / lets fridges then you'll be sorted. 9 days camping is for the serious hardcore in my opinion.

Just my tuppence - take it or leave it.

Just booked my ticks...! cant wait...flyin in to Valencia on Monday 14th and comin back on Monday the 21st at 1pm... Read all the positive nd negative comments and personally i cant wait! it sounds like it is a bit over the top maybe the whole 8 nights it will be for us campin...but it sounds like something which has to be done atleast once! gonna be pleased to get away from V fest for a year anyway :(

what about the water park i heard mentioned somewher then? is it actual in the festival site...or just in the village of Benicassim which they open for festival goers? but ye...ya gotta love water parks :)

PPL will argue with me but,

Benni is more like Reading on Sea these days. Loads of fluro hipsters last year f**king up the campsites and demanding class A's. Benni shouldn't really be thought of as a relaxing holiday if your on one of the fesival campsites, more like an endurance test (unless your a spoilt ignorant 6th former that is!)

If you can find a room, or somewhere to camp that allowes / lets fridges then you'll be sorted. 9 days camping is for the serious hardcore in my opinion.

Just my tuppence - take it or leave it.

I'm not going to argue, our hotel room last year was sheer bliss, far better than camping the year before, and it wasn't even *that* full of idiots then.

Not sure whether or not we're going to this one, it's all got so expencive (just got quoted 2500 euros for a one bedroom appartment) and I imagine the reading-by-the-sea syndrome will be even worse this year. Need a replacement though, preferably a hot and sunny beach holiday with plenty of tapas and paella, and a music festival to keep me busy at night :(

I am going to be 17 for the next benicassim but have never been before, I read on the website that you have to be 18. However, i have found a lot of posts from last years forums about how you can take a letter from your parents in order to get in...

Is this true for this year?

If it is not true, how strict are they on ID?

I'm not going to argue, our hotel room last year was sheer bliss, far better than camping the year before, and it wasn't even *that* full of idiots then.

Not sure whether or not we're going to this one, it's all got so expencive (just got quoted 2500 euros for a one bedroom appartment) and I imagine the reading-by-the-sea syndrome will be even worse this year. Need a replacement though, preferably a hot and sunny beach holiday with plenty of tapas and paella, and a music festival to keep me busy at night :)

Just booked my ticks...! cant wait...flyin in to Valencia on Monday 14th and comin back on Monday the 21st at 1pm... Read all the positive nd negative comments and personally i cant wait! it sounds like it is a bit over the top maybe the whole 8 nights it will be for us campin...but it sounds like something which has to be done atleast once! gonna be pleased to get away from V fest for a year anyway :)

what about the water park i heard mentioned somewher then? is it actual in the festival site...or just in the village of Benicassim which they open for festival goers? but ye...ya gotta love water parks :)

I am going to be 17 for the next benicassim but have never been before, I read on the website that you have to be 18. However, i have found a lot of posts from last years forums about how you can take a letter from your parents in order to get in...

Hey there peeps.... me and my girlfriends have just booked today for the fest and a weeks holiday in the apartment we got following it!!! I can't bloody way!!!!!! I'll be on here daily no doubt just to get more excited for it!!!

ho ho

water park is so much fun, last year when leaving the arena we went back to our tents stayed up for an hour or so then grabbed our towels and swim gear and went back down to aquarama. This is the best plan as you can go in and stay all day, so we got our sun chair things and slept for a few hours then fooled around for the rest of the day...

also another must is to get a peddlo for 6 people then get the rest of your mates to swim out too it and piss around on that all day!

xx

ho ho

water park is so much fun, last year when leaving the arena we went back to our tents stayed up for an hour or so then grabbed our towels and swim gear and went back down to aquarama. This is the best plan as you can go in and stay all day, so we got our sun chair things and slept for a few hours then fooled around for the rest of the day...

also another must is to get a peddlo for 6 people then get the rest of your mates to swim out too it and piss around on that all day!

xx

Regarding apartments, we used this lot last year ;

http://www.apartamentos3000.com/

It cost us about 800 euros for an apartment for a week that comfortably slept five. The apartment itself was nice and clean, and the complex had a swimming pool, restaurant and bar. Just over the roadfrom the beach too.

The only drawback was that it was about 30-40 minutes walk from the festival arena, but I would take that over camping any day of the week!