Brothers Bar

Guest TalkShow Bob

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lemon, every time. Just gutted you can't get it outside the fest.

Would 2 spots help the crowds? I, like a lot of people it seems, sacked it off from the Thursday onwards, but it didn't stop hoards of others, never seen it that busy. I think it must be something to do with the publicity they generated over the year preceding the fest by selling their product in pubs & shops.

Selling the strong stuff in all bars may help, but I believe for some reason there was a fallout between Workers & Brothers last year which led to it being unavailable fullstop from the main bars for a day or 2 over the weekend - its on a thread in here somewhere. Could pose problems for next year perhaps.

Still, its bloody good stuff! :P

Personally I'm glad Brothers is called 'pear cider' rather than perry, as it tastes nothing like a proper perry whatsoever. It's just a sugar that's been turned to alcohol then had flavours and sweetners added.

eco-political correctness gone mad.....

their main argument i thought was the litter...

what about the litter of all the paper bloody cups...

we can reuse the bottles...

say make a bottle 5 pounds 30 pence...and if you bring back the bottle to get recycled you get it for a fiver saving the change...

it does fcuk me off a tad...i know i would def be alot happier with the bottles..

Seriously, neither of these drinks come from fresh pressed juice, it's all rehydrated and imported concentrate with added sugar and chemicals, so the comparison between the two isn't too far off. Especially when compared with Burrow Hill, which is just fresh pressed cider apple juice that's been fermented.

The one time I went last year there was no queue. It was the day before it became absolutely scorching so either Thursday or Friday. An extra bar would be a great idea though, hopefully it's not just a pipe dream!