Brothers Bar

Guest TalkShow Bob

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's so special about it?

Had a carry-out in 2004 that was fine (helped me to appreciate the Scissor Sisters :( ), didn't have any this year as always way too big a queue.

But Cider Bus and any bar served cider. (Anticipates the need to hide behind a stone for that comment.....)

So yes, 2 of them might be useful, but getting a 2nd spot at Glasto is rather hard isn't it?

What's so special about it?

Had a carry-out in 2004 that was fine (helped me to appreciate the Scissor Sisters :( ), didn't have any this year as always way too big a queue.

But Cider Bus and any bar served cider. (Anticipates the need to hide behind a stone for that comment.....)

So yes, 2 of them might be useful, but getting a 2nd spot at Glasto is rather hard isn't it?

mmmm what's so good about! I don't mind waiting in long ques, my local just started selling the stuff so hence the bottle top has my avatar :( it's a shame they don't sell the 7% in pub's unlike at Glato and Bestival.

Can't decide what's better Strawberry or Pear...

Edited by jamiejc

Its was beyond a joke. Me and my mate pitched up to sit in the sun and get some cider on the Weds and just sacked it off due to overcrowding. We wanted some alcohol and a sit down, not a crushing scrum.

ah to be drunk in a field - it really is the way forward - On thursday morning I took my friends to the bar, we waited for it to open, grabbed a couple bottles - bumped into some friends we hadn't seen for years. got some more bottles. then it was nighttime - twas a fab day.

Can't beat REAL cider...... Burrow Hill Medium 6% from the Cider Bus.. a full on proper pint... not that Baby Sham, Diamond White Sh!t called brothers.....

Load of cack...

Edited by jamiejc

• 2 years later...
ah to be drunk in a field - it really is the way forward - On thursday morning I took my friends to the bar, we waited for it to open, grabbed a couple bottles - bumped into some friends we hadn't seen for years. got some more bottles. then it was nighttime - twas a fab day.

Similar thing happened to me due to loads of Brothers and a couple of little uns'

My mate left us at the Jazz World stage to get some Pie , Yorkshire Pudding and Peas and Gravy then

in my mind went off and came back again 10 mins later for some Mashed Taty and Chorizio Sausage dish !

When I commented him on his huge appetite and the ability to consume two big meals in 10 mins the reply was

along the lines of

"There was a four hour gap between meals "

:P

In my experience the Brothers Bar is always rammed on weds and thurs, but after that is not too bad at all. In fact we had a couple of rounds there on saturday evening last year with no queue at all. I guess it gets busy too when there are big crowds at the jazz world e.g rolf, but apart from that i dont find it too bad. Not sure they would go to the extra effort and expense of another bar when the existing one does so well.

Plus, Brothers and The Jazzworld suit each other so well! If they had another one where would it be? Up at The Park maybe?

Wednesday evening last year was fine for me. Not that crowded and space to sit and drink. Amazing atmosphere just as the sun was going down. Thursday night was great as well. Got so drunk that I had to vomit up half the contents of my stomach during an amazing set from Metronomy :P

EDIT: Oh and the perry/cider debate is silly. Perry is basically Cider bar the main ingredient :P

Edited by Joshuwarr