Lily Allen to cancel?

Guest Neil

Lily Allen has announced she's pregnant.

A few months back she made some sort of comment about giving up music one day to start a family, and presumably that was before she knew it was happening soon. While of course pregnancy doesn't mean all life has to stop, she seems to have a mumsy desire that she can't reconcile with performing, and added to that she might not feel that being on stage in the large size she'll be come June isn't something she'll want to do.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope she cancels - When I saw the sun newspaper this morning with this news this was my first hopeful thought of the day..... PLEASE rest Lily, put your feet up and watch IOW on Channel 4

Replace her with Amy Macdonald / Suzanne Vega either I would be happy with

Given how long there is to go, there'd be no excuse not to.

That of course would be dependant on at which point she thinks something isn't what she wants to do.

I've been in contact with the press office this morning, to ask if there's any change with Lily's at IoW and am waiting to hear back. I'll let you know what I hear.

Agreed.

Would've been interesting to see her, but quite high billing so if she does pull out I'd expect a decent act to replace, none of this 'James will be stepping up to take Lily's place' shite. Get a proper band in. Now Mr Giddens.

• 3 weeks later...

Lily Allen suffers a miscarriage

Pop star Lily Allen has suffered a miscarriage, her record company spokesman has confirmed.

The singer announced in December that she was expecting her first child with boyfriend Ed Simons, one half of dance duo the Chemical Brothers.

The 22-year-old daughter of comic actor Keith Allen made her name in 2006 with her number one hit Smile.

She is due to release her second album this year. Her debut, Alright Still, reached number two in 2006.

Allen was recently selected to be on the judging panel for this year's Orange Broadband prize for fiction.

She has also landed her own BBC Three show based around social networking, Lily Allen and Friends, which is due to launch sometime this year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7195477.stm

Very sad news.

That is sad. Poor things.

maybe betty didnt mean it like that.....he could of just meant its very sad news that shes lost the baby.

and that she'll now 100% be playing at the festival.....not meaning it in a bad way