NME BIG GIG

Guest danny12345

Oh my word! How can you call that a good line up?

That is shocking!

Manics - No. Awful.

Kaiser Chiefs - Alright, playin IoW anyway.

Bloc Party - Meh

Klaxons - Id rather shit in my ears, clean them out with a cotton bud and then eat the cotton bud!

Cribs - Brilliant band. Bring em to IoW!

Klaxons - Id rather shit in my ears, clean them out with a cotton bud and then eat the cotton bud!

Only be bothered about seeing Bloc Party. The Manics are tired and boring. the Kaiser Chiefs...meh. Klaxons massively overrated and the Cribs are just shit.

The Saturday line-up at IoW is better.

• 1 month later...

I am going to this concert, my 65 year old father is coming along with me, I only booked the concert just over an hour ago, I was reading this weeks NME and I came across it, and thought f**k me why did I not book this 2 months ago when I found tickets were only £30, The Cribs, Bloc Party, Klaxons, Kaiser Chiefs, and Manic Street Preachers in one concert, bargain of 2008 i think, does anyone agree with me. I am also seeing The Wombats at Brighton Dome on April 29, and Boyzone at 02 Arena on May 31.

Arguably this is better than any of the days at this years festival!

Manic Street Preachers

Kaiser Cheifs

Bloc Party

Klaxons

Cribs

(Its on the 28th 0f Feb at the O2 arena, tickets on sale at www.nme.com in case anybodys interested)

I am going to this concert, my 65 year old father is coming along with me, I only booked the concert just over an hour ago, I was reading this weeks NME and I came across it, and thought f**k me why did I not book this 2 months ago when I found tickets were only £30, The Cribs, Bloc Party, Klaxons, Kaiser Chiefs, and Manic Street Preachers in one concert, bargain of 2008 i think, does anyone agree with me. I am also seeing The Wombats at Brighton Dome on April 29, and Boyzone at 02 Arena on May 31.

I'm getting worried about the Boyzone/Girls Aloud comments on here. :P

It is a great line up I’d love to go and love the manics they are great live.

But warning people O2 arena is great unless you have the seats at the top level, they are terrible and I think all the standing and good seats are gone.

If you are afraid of heights don't bother, it’s really bloody steep up top and the seat in front of you finishes at your feet so you feel as if you are going to fall.

I don't have a fear of heights and it felt wrong to me and I know loads of people who left a gig as it was to awful to sit at there seats.

I’ve sat very near the top at the new wembley and it was fine. The seat in front came up to my knees and there is a solid banister to hold on to as you walk back and forth from the bar. At o2 the banister stops and starts its rubbish.

I'm getting worried about the Boyzone/Girls Aloud comments on here. :P

• 2 months later...

I attended this gig, Manics were boring, Klaxons were boring and bland, Bloc Party were good, Cribs were good and Kaisers average.

For £30 a good night out, but how is it better than a day at the festival? Kaisers and Cribs at the fest anyway, plus you get beer tents and general festival fun...

I attended this gig, Manics were boring, Klaxons were boring and bland, Bloc Party were good, Cribs were good and Kaisers average.

For £30 a good night out, but how is it better than a day at the festival? Kaisers and Cribs at the fest anyway, plus you get beer tents and general festival fun...

Manics were probably bored (by their own music) Klaxons were probably bored because they'd left their personalites behind and were lost in a world they don't understand (money/management). Bloc party probably used it as band practice, Cribs probably muddled through feeling vaguely at home. Kaisers probably a day job, saving their energy for festies :P