EXIT 08

Guest EXIT festival

Yep totally amazing week , think Audion and Dubfire played the best sets I've ever heard . Location was unbelievable. Only downside is not being able to sleep for most of the trip cos of temperature and campsie parties but would do it all over again in a flash .Bring on next year!

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing festival. Great weather, awesome music, loads of safe people in the camping area. Had a top notch time all round.

The only REAL shame was the corrupt filthy Serbian police doing their best to ruin people's festival and make a few quick bucks in the process. We watched them spend all of saturday going around and searching people and their tents in the campsite for drugs (I know it's not legal in the UK to search people unless you have proof that it is necessary, is it the same in Serbia?) without asking them permission to do so.

They came up to me when i was on my way to a local shop (on my own) weilding their batons aggressively, and shining a torch in my face, and demanded i emptied out my pockets for absolutely no reason. After doing so they found a packet of kingsize rizlas, and got very aggressive. They started shouting 'YOU WILL GO TO PRISON! WHERE IS THE GRASS? SHOW US NOW!' and so on. I refused to tell them if and where I had anything (it was in my sock. Ha) and said they had no right to search me without a good reason and that I would report them if they kept on harassing me.

They eventually left me alone and told me to go away, but most other people weren't so lucky. we heard countless stories of police ransacking people's tents and finding their stashes (and we're talking small amounts of weed and maybe a few pills here. It's not like they had ounces of heroin hidden away to sell to others), then threatening to send them to prison unless they paid up to a £100 bribe. The worst bit was that once the kids had paid the bribes the police would leave them alone with their drugs, showing they didn't even care about stopping people taking them, they just wanted to earn some money.

Very frustrating to watch.

Other than that, I had a great time.

Got back yesterday from a brilliant trip to Serbia!

Everything went really smoothly, we'd booked a coach from Budapest through Eufest which was fine, nice and roomy and with aircon. The journey down took just over 4hrs which was brilliant, considering we'd first planned to take the train which I heard takes 8hrs!!

Once we'd arrived in Novi Sad we checked into our hotel which was brilliant. Nice rooms with aircon and a new bathroom - just what I need after a night at the festival! I'd heard the horrors about camping - the heat and the noise etc - and I just couldn't put myself through that! A few of our mates decided to camp, and after the second night they all came to check into our hotel because they said the campsite was that unbearable!!

I thought Exit was brilliant, very well organised, no queues for the tickets, beer tokens, toilets etc. Compared to some English festivals it put us to shame.

My favourite parts of the festival were:

The dance arena - never have I seen such an amazing place to dance!

Great sets from Sven Vath, Dubfire, Booka Shade, 2 Many Dj's, Primal Scream, Gossip

Finding the secret Vodka bar at the back of the Happy Novi Sad stage :lol:

Tasy burritos in the Foodland area

Meeting loads of really friendly people from all different countries. Especially lots of lovely Serbian people who really made or trip special :D

Bad points about the festival:

Lack of any decent "stuff" - the only thing you could buy in the festival were some dodgy looking blue or pink pills, which turned out to be quite speedy.... disapointing :lol: We met loads of people who brought their own stuff over from England - but what's the penalities for that? How risky is it?

The dust! All of the people we went with have developed a serious cough after dancing in that festival!!!

The person who died in the campsite - I heard a branch fell on their tent? Can anyone shed some more light on this?

The guy who climbed up the scaffolding on the last day in the dance arena and was carted off by security much to the dismay of the crowd - did he make it out alive?!!!

I'm definately booking next year ;)

Shhhiiiiit.. Back to work today. Gutted!!

Had an awesome week... Man it was hot!! Didn't sleep for more than 10 hours all week...

Deffo up for it again next year, its all about the apartments with aircon...

Booka Shade and The Presets nailed it, along with Juliette and the Licks!

Best festival ever... Although think I drank enough Guarana to last me a life time.

Was any one else at Happy Novi Sad on last night, when the banana raver busted out 'Paranoid Android' Rain down - mentool! :-)

Completely crazy about the branch, we weren't camped far from there and to be honest didn't hear much about it until our way back.. Really tragic.

Had an amazing time though, highlights being The Presets, 'Love is in the Air' at 7am with 2manydjs, Battery energy drink, and an old couple buying glowsticks for their dog near the beach..

So full of energy and buzz, beats any other festival hands down, especially with showers, no matter how many old plasters/ makeup remover pads you had to stand on whilst clutching despertaly onto a handle feeling like you were being pissed on.

Even the toilets weren't that bad considering the heat..

Def downside being the dodgy police, my friend got caught at around 6am with just a spliff and had to give him them his remaining money (and got to keep the spliff) - a complete joke.

Roll on 2010! (Going to try somewhere different next year purely for variety and the fact that my friends have been twice before)

Hey everyone,

EIXT was fantastic as always, apart from that tragic accdent at the camp, terrible. Each year I never fail to be amazed at the dance arena and the sheer quantity of f**ked up people :lol: Perhaps, it helps to be Serb or have Serb friends, we originally bought those crap pink pills in Belgrade, but had no problems finding other pills (white mercedes, white spirals, black Dolce Gabannas) - the trick is the Happy Novi Sad stage!

Sorry about the Serbian police, haven't heard of them going round the camp searchng tents before. Oh, yeah, and before you complain - the Serb police can do what the f**k they like, when they like and it's best not to argue with them. :lol:

Cheers and see you next year! :D;)

re the pills

got skanked by a local on the wednesday night which turned out to be pro plus.

got some more on thursday for hype. really awful coming up on them took nearly 2 hrs and felt like being sick for ages.

then on saturday night there was a tent of serbs (old guys with tattoos and long hair) selling by the bucket load of mitzis was flying on 1 1/2 of them to high contrast!!

got some weed too paid 1000 dinars for a 10 bag which knocked us out whenever we touched it !

I found the orange ones to be the best out of the bunch, but only done them in halves, some of our mates felt sick after doing them in whole.

Also found the blue/black ones which I found quite mongy but it kept me awake I guess :(

Some of our mates found white mitzis which they said were good but again a lot of them felt sicky on them.

I'd be interested to find out what exactly is in the pills over there as we all agreed it definately wasn't MDMA!

does anyone know how i can get in touch with the festival as someone stole my phone....ive had it blocked and i reckon its worth checkin to see if the penisface thief chucked it and some angel handed it in to lost and found...... any help would be greatly appreciated :ph34r: the phone is particularly important as it had pictures on it that i would like back...ive been travelling around europe before the festival and lost about 300 pictures id taken on the phone.

I found the orange ones to be the best out of the bunch, but only done them in halves, some of our mates felt sick after doing them in whole.

Also found the blue/black ones which I found quite mongy but it kept me awake I guess :unsure:

Some of our mates found white mitzis which they said were good but again a lot of them felt sicky on them.

I'd be interested to find out what exactly is in the pills over there as we all agreed it definately wasn't MDMA!

Finally back to reality, my first day back at work!.. What a shock to the system waking up at 7am was today..

I thought Exit Festival was absolutely amazing, lived up to much more than i expected!

Highlights for me:

High Contrast at sunrise, was such an amazing experiance, everyone was on exactly the same level.

The Streets - Even though i managed to lose everyone i still really enjoyed myself, i never expected much from The Streets tbh.

Meeting loads of amazing people, especially the Bosnian's camping next to us, absolute legends! Drinking Raki with them at 8:30am on the first morning was jokes, i was absolutely GONE by midday haha.

Roni Size was incredible aswell, one of the only mornings all my group were together.

Managing to rave untill the VERY end......every day! :O

Lav beer, those 2 litre bottles of 7.2% got me Very nicely drunk ahaha.

The weather was great.

Downfalls:

Obviously the freak accident, it was fairly close to my tent, absolutely crazy.

The dust! always feeling like your wearing a layer of dirt, even after a shower!

Met this really nice girl on the Saturday, was about to go off with her for a dance...but lost her in the crowd, was well gutted about that :)

Slicing up my finger on a fence, meaning i had to wear a bandage for most of it.

Getting bumped by Serbian dealers, bought dud's twice.

I genuienly think that it was the best weekend of my life, roll on Exit 09!!!!!! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...