more artists suggestions!!

Guest Wychwood Office

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Misty's will be playing ... yay yay yay!! Sean Lock was really funny and sharp when I last saw him ... it's all looking fabulous so far ... :)

I kicked off the season at Wychwood last year and ended at Bestival.

It was my first Wychwood - a solo mission. I thoroughly enjoyed it, friendliest festival in years.

Could we have Country Joe Macdonald back again please? would also love to see Banco there.

One band that I can't get enough from various Festivals in 2007 is Shychild, they did the circuit in the Summer and rocked every time. If you could get them - would be fantastic.

Edited by yasgursfarmhand

Saw this post and had to give this band a shout!

Local lads from cheltenham, i have seen them play live about 5 times now and they just keep getting better.

Please check them out, they have a great festival feel about them.

www.myspace.com/thenewsocials

Edited by Wychwood Office

I'd like to put in a request for the Red Hot Chilli Pipers. They are utterly superb live, with a mix of modern rock and traditional Scottish tunes, all played on the bagpipes. Well that and bass, guitar and drums as well as 3 sets of bagpipes. If they are available they are guaranteed to get the festival crowd going.

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned Deacon Blue. Saw them last year and they sound great. They would be an excellent headline act as would Justin Currie (formerly Del Amitri) who is still playing live.

Oh and I know they have been at the festival the past two years in a row, but can we have 3 Daft Monkeys back. They are utterly superb and one of those bands once you see them live you cannot fail to like.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw a great band supporting Seasick Steve recently called Billie the Vision and the Dancers. They were top quality, a great sound backed with a wicked sense of humour. I feel they would go down well onmost festival lineups (You just have to see them in the flesh to understand :lol: )

While I've mentioned him please say you're trying to get Seasick Steve for the festival as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoke to Tim from 3 Daft Monkeys on Tuesday night after their London gig (which was fantastic by the way). He said they'd love to play Wychwood again. Please have them back. :D
Edited by Harrow Strongbow Ciderman!