The Great Rock & Roll Swindle.....

Guest Ming The Mercyless

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im dissapointed by the sex pistols but ive got my festival first membership thingy so im going.....but i dont have to watch the headliners....ill go and have a boogie in one of the tents!!

well my back up plan is: i get the tickets every year then stick them on ebay.

when is besival and how much??

I feel sorry for you LA as it means they have you over a barrel now for the next three years so they can book shite acts for the next three years to see how long people will continue to throw bad money after bad money year after year!

Can you afford to do Bestial as well honey?

Giddings cant use festival first as a way to book rubbish - as a proportion of the total tickets they are still fairly low. Pending suitability with dates and acts I may try Bestival, but not as a substitute.

Dont understand why people are dissapointed with the pistols? I think it'll go either one of 2 ways, one of the best headline slots or one of the worst, I personally think it will turn out one of the best in the festivals history, anythings gotta be better than bloody snow patrol!! I definately want a holiday in the sun!

Dont understand why people are dissapointed with the pistols? I think it'll go either one of 2 ways, one of the best headline slots or one of the worst, I personally think it will turn out one of the best in the festivals history, anythings gotta be better than bloody snow patrol!! I definately want a holiday in the sun!

I personally think that the pistols will be great, seen them in 1996 at Finsbury Park and the atmosphere was brilliant, mix that with the good weather we always get and theres not much more you can ask for except some cold beers.

And like someone said earlier they can't be any worse than Snow Patrol!!!

So i'm more than happy!!!

I would imagine the Pistols will be either extremely exciting, raw as it it gets, crowd pleasing mayhem or a bitter disappointment.I'm gonna see how the rest of it shapes up before I make any commitment (still there's always the weather and the girls.....)

The Guardian & BBC reviews aren't really positive they just don't say they were shit - exactly the point I have been making - they aren't a headline band that would be worthy of a major leading festival!!!

The Guardian & BBC reviews aren't really positive they just don't say they were shit - exactly the point I have been making - they aren't a headline band that would be worthy of a major leading festival!!!
Edited by Edi M