Sex Pistols headlining the Saturday

Guest Shanndy

No radiohead means there looking almost ceartin for glasto. Wooo!!!!!

I was very strongley considering the IOW if radiohead had played with the police, but the sex pistols and what looks like the Kaiser cheifs looks very poor in comparison.

One band really can mkae a difference to how you look at a lineup.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got to say i'm really surprised about the Sex pistols headlining, and really quite disappointed that they're in the same slot as Muse and Foo's have previously had. I'm all for mixing up old and new acts but i really thought we'd stick with the usual format of 2 fairly modern/contemporary acts and 1 older one as headliners. The Police made me happy, i used to be a fan so it'll be good to see them. Not sure Kaisers are really quite big enough to be the only modern day headline act there but i guess nothing official is confirmed yet anyway.

Are the sex pistols likely to attract vast numbers of fans? Just wondering how this will impact on ticket sales?

Its weird that nearly everyone on here are dissapointed and the majority on the official board are happy(ish) i for one am in two minds. does anyone know if the rest of the line up is revealed before ticket release aswell or just headliners. cause on those pistols, police and kaisers i dont really want to risk £130

Edited by fernmark

I am amazed. and fairly gutted.

Radiohead are just a huge act, huge. The Pistols clearly have some kind of attraction but is it headline quality? I'd be well happy to see them support a headline act, they'd go down great... but headliners? No!

I was so excited about the prospect of Radiohead, Im just gutted.

Neil, can you maybe set up a support line for people to call who are finding this all too much?

What if.... They are joint headliners? Like in years gone by where bands are given the title of joint headliner in an effor to groom their ego? (Neil taught me that)

Perhaps a proper band will still play after them.... ?!

The email I got from the IoW site earlier suggests that the Sex Pistols are THE headliner on the Saturday.

Nuts to my theory.

This is the best news I have heard since the Stones headlined last year. I saw the Pistols in Manchester a couple of weeks ago and they were brilliant. They may be past their sell by date and have a one album career, but who cares?? After some of the lightweights we've had the last few years this is brilliant news.

Just think it could have been Radiohead, or Genesis or Bon Jovi or McCartney or God forbid U2.

PC as happy as a pig in shit. :P

This is the best news I have heard since the Stones headlined last year. I saw the Pistols in Manchester a couple of weeks ago and they were brilliant. They may be past their sell by date and have a one album career, but who cares?? After some of the lightweights we've had the last few years this is brilliant news.

Just think it could have been Radiohead, or Genesis or Bon Jovi or McCartney or God forbid U2.

PC as happy as a pig in shit. :P

Edited by midnight_toker

i was looking to go to the IOW fest for the first time this year after doing all the other big english festivals and would be happy with the police and the sex pistols, but NOT Kaiser chiefs :ph34r: that has to be a joke!

think the friday needs a big band but i got a feeling it wil be something like kasabian or razorlight (i hope not).

Sex pistols theory.

I didnt want to start a new topic on this but their is a theory on the official forum that due to the sex pistols having limited amount of songs they will play for maybe an hour or so at the end of the saturday and have a joint headliner. makes sense heres hoping its kings of leon.

I don't think they are that big a draw at all. Sure the first 3 nights at Brixton sold well, but you could pick tickets up for the 4th and 5th nights as little as a tenner and the Manchester show didn't sell out.

A band who can get away with doing a few shows like that but to headline a festival...

I can't imagine a "punk" band sounding good in a field that holds 50k either

I must say when people started mentioning razorshite i feared the worse but i beleive they could have done alot better. surly their more suited to an appearence on one of the smaller stages at reading and leeds.