Dream Line Ups for 2008

Guest Uncle Liam

Tell you what would be a bit different if they got something like Circ De Souile (or however its spelt) to do a performance of Love. IOW budget probably wouldnt last long if they did that though. Also gotta have a dance act headlining friday night, or at very least a band with songs you can go mad to and have a good time. Snow Patrol was aweful choice to kick off the weekend with.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell you what would be a bit different if they got something like Circ De Souile (or however its spelt) to do a performance of Love. IOW budget probably wouldnt last long if they did that though. Also gotta have a dance act headlining friday night, or at very least a band with songs you can go mad to and have a good time. Snow Patrol was aweful choice to kick off the weekend with.

I think its disgraceful that so little care has been paid to next years line up.

My friend Cath (who has seen British Sea Power 131 times) sums it up best in her blog this week:

There are lots of reasons for this; firstly the idea of buying a ticket for something where you don't know the line-up is still a bit weird to me. People always counter this with the old "not about the music" line, but to be honest if I were paying three figures for a camping weekend it'd take a bit some than some fire-eaters and didgeridoos to make that seem like a good idea.

Manics at some point PLEASE!!!

Editors

Wouldn't say no to a little U2

Edited by Betty09

I've seen Kaiser Chiefs about 14 times and would want something different. I think they stalk me.

I met Ricky Wilson in the Roadhouse one time. Nice bloke.

Oh christ no.

A line up in which I would definitley refuse to go again. Wouldnt these headliners have a combined age of over 1000?

I notice McCartney is filling his sets with Beatles stuff again. What a prick. Live and die by your solo stuff. Prick.

AC/DC on the Friday

Aerosmith on the Saturday

Macca on the Sunday

I'd love to see Paul Rogers play the again, that would be special. He's still the greatest male singing voice I've ever heard.

Too lazy to research - do they try and get someone from the original festival always? Arthur Brown would be great.

For dancing i'd have Reverend and the Makers, for spectacle U2, for making a comeback Cream and some really boomin, very very loud reggae from anyone (as long as it was good!).