Dream Line Ups for 2008

Guest Uncle Liam

I started ths thread the last two years So i aint breaking tradtion now.

For moi:

Friday: Kraftwerk, Editors, LCD Soundsystem, OMD, The Whip.

Saturday: Peter Gabriel, The Arcade Fire, Interpol, We Are Scientists, British Sea Power

Sunday: Smashing Pumpkins, Manics, Ladytron, Kloot, etc etc.

ETA: I also think that next year the festival should move away from old or novelty acts (Country Joe Mcdonald, Donovan, Wolfmother etc) towards putting newer bands on with more potential and quality.

Edited by Uncle Liam

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't really a "dream list" of mine but more of a potential list based on up coming acts or those that haven't yet played and would suit.....

Potential Headliners-

RHCP

Aerosmith

Crowded House

Arcade Fire

The Killers

Chemical Brothers

Basement Jaxx

Other acts-

Doves

The Pigeon Detectives

Dead 60's

Ghosts

Air Traffic

Franz Ferdinand

Jack Johnson

Mika

Elbow

Athlete (About time they came back)

Starsailor (same as above)

Thirteen Senses

Duke Special

i think arctic monkeys will play next year

i think everyone will have had there fun out with them so they'll get chucked over to the isle

i agree with liam and they should move away from all that old tasteless music

and put some up coming bands on

that would be cool

thats the only thing 07 missed out on

some proper upcoming bands

although i dont see how Wolfmother are a novelty act?

The Human League (Original 1977 lineup)

Gary Numan

Ladytron

OMD

Pet Shop Boys

Depeche Mode (Without guitars or drums for God's sake)

Humping the Camel

It's about time we had some proper music. Made by machines not people.

My dream line up:

Friday: Faithless and Sterephonics

Saturday: Foo Fighters and Jimmy Eat World/Weezer

Sunday: Oasis and Paul Weller, with Ocean Colour Scene 3rd on the bill.

What I think will happen:

Friday: Chemical Brothers or Scissor Sisters

Saturday: Green Day or Chilli Peppers or Arctic Monkeys

Sunday: U2 - Scottie has got me convinced. Damn it. Much rather see someone else though

I started ths thread the last two years So i aint breaking tradtion now.

For moi:

Friday: Kraftwerk, Editors, LCD Soundsystem, OMD, The Whip.

Saturday: Peter Gabriel, The Arcade Fire, Interpol, We Are Scientists, British Sea Power

Sunday: Smashing Pumpkins, Manics, Ladytron, Kloot, etc etc.

ETA: I also think that next year the festival should move away from old or novelty acts (Country Joe Mcdonald, Donovan, Wolfmother etc) towards putting newer bands on with more potential and quality.

Gotta disagree with you here, thought that this type of act was perfect for the afternoon and people looking to have a bit of fun. Thought Donovan was really good, got the crowd going and was great fun, and as for Wolfmother they were superb.

As for the line up, I like the sound of Hammers Dream line up, and definately want to see Ocean Colour Scene again.

There's nothing funny about

a) silly old men performing old songs onstage

and

:( me not being at the IOW festival

I do like quite a few "80's" bands but the ones I do like are still creating interesting and relevant music in the 21st Century.

I would rather have the Spice Girls than Bob Dylan.

And yes, you can quote me on that.

Am hoping for Paul McCartney next year as he said he would be touring. For me its only an act like that which could top names such as Paul Weller, Coldplay, Bowie and The Stones.

Would like to less novelty acts like Country Joe. If they book a afternoon legend again hopefully they'll get someone a bit better than Donovan, I was a bit dissapointed that they couldnt get someone of the calibre of Steve Harley or Lou Reed this year. Would also like to see more better groups during the day such as in previous years, this year we normally didnt get to the arena until 4ish as most people with the exception of Carbon Silicon werent worth watching in my opinion.

Am hoping for Paul McCartney next year as he said he would be touring. For me its only an act like that which could top names such as Paul Weller, Coldplay, Bowie and The Stones.

Would like to less novelty acts like Country Joe. If they book a afternoon legend again hopefully they'll get someone a bit better than Donovan, I was a bit dissapointed that they couldnt get someone of the calibre of Steve Harley or Lou Reed this year. Would also like to see more better groups during the day such as in previous years, this year we normally didnt get to the arena until 4ish as most people with the exception of Carbon Silicon werent worth watching in my opinion.