The Great Glasto Best Trolley Thread...

Guest LusciousLucy

Oh oh oh!!!!!!!!!! I TOTALLY forgot to add THIS pearl of wisdom...

IKEA BAGS!!!

If you cant get a trolley in the car, these are truly the second in line to best lugging equipment at a festy. 25p each these days, tough as boots, can be dragged, worn rucksack stylee, packed to the max, held between 2 peeps...ace.

Was quite astounded at how many peeps had these at Glade last year. I have invested in at least 10, purely for festy reasons...they pack very flat so take some spares just in case the first lot get worn through by dragging.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Havent seen any mention of one of those granny shopping trolleys. If you can locate one and you rip the bag off, it becomes an awesome frame for hauling luggage to the site. I managed to duck tape two crates of beer and two boxes of wine to mine. Took a while to set up but was tre worth it! I lost count of the amount of compliments i received about it. :P

Yeah, you are right actually. I benefit from having one that was made when iron was the common material of construction (i.e. pre 1900s!) It would take a lot to break mine (famous last words). Mine benefits from being easy to take on trains. Need to give the wheels a bit of an oil but apart from that.

Are the wheel barrows easy enough to get in through those turnstiles or dyer need to enter from another entrance?

Are the wheel barrows easy enough to get in through those turnstiles or dyer need to enter from another entrance?

As posted in the other thread, I've given up with trolleys- even pneumatic tyres stop turning once they're clogged up with grass. I would think the only useful option would be something with huge bicycle wheels. Probably not a pram though!

• 2 weeks later...
they are pretty big, it's stashed in my shed now, but I think they were 250mm pneumatic and it says to pump them to 30psi. there is a picture on TOS of the red sack truck in B&Q;

this sack truck on some other site I googled looks alsmost identical; the handles look slightly different, but the rest looks the same.

http://www.toolsnstuff.co.uk/product_info....roducts_id=4208