The Great Glasto Best Trolley Thread...

Guest LusciousLucy

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, can someone tell me why this hasnt got off the ground yet in full force???

So far this is what has been raising eyebrows with various reactions...

Garden trolley £60

Amazon Sack Trolley £15...small wheels not highly recommended

ANY of these bad boys!

Fishing trolleys galore!

And my personal favourite...from experience of lugging 37 litres of pre-mixed Pimms & Lemonade for flogging at the opera..got through the mud NO problem!!!

And finally...plastic sledge..cheap, cheerful but looks like it works fine at Glasto when walking behind peeps with them...and fits in car very easily!

There is a VERY good sack trolley that becomes a garden trolley that an old chum had...cant find it at mo despite much thread searching...VERY good indeedy.

And so there you go...sorry about all the links...and one final word of advice...DONT FORGET TO BUY LOTS OF BUNGEES! :P

Edited by LusciousLucy

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, just found this...

Polar explorers advice on how to make your own sledge!!! :P

Glasto mud and arrival to the fest is as much an expedition as the Patagonian Ice caps eh? :P:(:)

Seem to recall old trolley threads mentioning that those collapsable wheelbarrows are near damn useless at Glasto. They may be cheap and fit in the car better but not much use once on site. A word of warning for all you lovely peeps thinking of investing.

I've been using one of those fold-flat ones, which has got nice chunky tyres (helps in the mud!), takes 80kg and fits nicely in the tent. It has survived several muddy fests and will defo be coming with me this year!

:P

Could you elaborate more on the make or post a pic please? Is it a Badger, Draper or plain old carp trolley?

Sorry! Should have explained that a bit better! It's like the Draper one on Aphex's Twin's posts. I find that if I have one of those trolleys, plus plenty of bungee ropes then I can easily stack all of my bits on there, tie them on nice and tight and away you go! It means that I have a rucksack on my back with clothes etc and then everything else on the trolley. For me one of the biggest advantages is that you can stop and let go of the trolley for a break - I used to find that stopping for a break every so often means you have to put down everything you're holding or have attached to yourself somehow, and then pick it all back up again before moving on - this overcomes that. It's not perfect but it's better than anything else I have tried.

While I'm thinking about it, buy elasticated bungee ropes with hooks on the ends! You will thank me for that tip! I turned up at Glasto one year with a wheelbarrow and a length of rope. Tied everything on, went over one bump and the rope then had enough slack in it for everything to no longer be tied on tightly! Doh! Another lesson learned!

:P

Those four wheel garden trolleys are £40 in some Garden Centres, and sack trucks £20 (the old Faithfull above).

(Take spare nuts for these garden trolleys where the wheels etc. can come undone)

I like the idea of using a wheelbarrow this time. Whatever the trolley get big pneumatic wheels.

Havent seen any mention of one of those granny shopping trolleys. If you can locate one and you rip the bag off, it becomes an awesome frame for hauling luggage to the site. I managed to duck tape two crates of beer and two boxes of wine to mine. Took a while to set up but was tre worth it! I lost count of the amount of compliments i received about it. :P