.... and today the time sponsored by Brothers Cider ....

Guest dirtyepic

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To help you through tonight's sleep:

Scottish Statutory Instrument 2000 No. 62

The Food Standards Act 1999 (Transitional and Consequential Provisions and Savings) (Scotland) Regulations 2000

The full text (oh believe me - it's full!) at Sleeeeeeep

Back again!!!!

Just to get bumped to the top again, just to remind people of how many goddam sleeps it is!!!

Here's another one!!!

jd816v91m.jpg

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh!!!! 9 weeks time and we'll be sitting in a field, topping up our excessivenesses, hopefully in the blazing sunshine, complete with hat, sunnies, flipflops and very high SPF!!

Bliss!!!!

T

route-61-south-l.jpg

pks2356-61.gif

This is a combined radio/optical image of the powerful radio galaxy PKS 2356-61. The radio emission is shown in red, superimposed on the optical image of the field (blue). The radio image was made from observations taken with the ATCA.

The galaxy itself is an elliptical, visible in the centre of the image (in blue) and is at a redshift of 0.1 (distance between 300 - 600 Mpc).

I think I have a bit of a theme going dont I? :D I blame Google and its lack of images!

Ok so WHILE I am at it...may as well carry on... :D

HCG_61_00.jpg

Hickson 61, sometimes called "The Box", is a very tight grouping of four galaxies that form a nearly perfect rectangle. Contained within a field of just 3.8', they all will fit into the same medium-power field. Particularly striking in the eyepiece is how the two highly elongated galaxies line up, nearly forming one long streak.

The brightest member, the 13.3-magnitude Lenticular galaxy NGC 4169, can probably be glimpsed in an 8-inch. In my 18-inch at 260x it appeared features and round.

376960.jpg

Nord Clavia Sixty-one analogue synth... Grrrrr

sixtyone.jpg

No idea who this band are

(cant get my pictures to work)

Edited by Goblinz

Context sensitive searching!!

the Sixty-One Starter Kit priced at only $8.95. For that price you get injector, enough tubes, and Sixty-One Tobacco (see our review of this tobacco in this issue's tobacco page) for a carton of smokes as well as a carrying case and (drink coasters?) as a bonus. We have found Sixty-One tobacco to be pretty good for a low priced alternative, but have no idea as to the quality of the tubes or injector.

61kit.jpg

Taken from the always excellent Roll Your Own Magazine!

Edited by rex

mute61.jpg

Now I know you are probably thinking that I am hoying random pictures of record covers but I can assure you that this one, Erasure's victim of love, has MUTE61 as the catalogue number.

I was going to use the FACTORY cat number that I have used earlier this week but FAC61 was the court case between Martin Hannet and Factory Records (or something like that)

Yeah this thread is turning into something quite educational what with stars, galaxies and record catalogue numbers!!!