.... and today the time sponsored by Brothers Cider ....

Guest dirtyepic

.... is time for sleep counting.

Now I've been away a little while and how surprised was I when I done me bit of reckoning up and realised it was only 69 sleeps till we leave.

Yay!!

Now the number 69 always brings a smile to the majority of people's faces but every time I have to use the number 69 I always have to say/shout/giggle "who's the lucky lady!"

Good story here, long time ago I knew a boy from Matlock in Derbyshire and during uni holidays he worked in a local deli/store where they had those little tickets that you use when queueing for whatever it is you are wanting to buy. This particular store was always full of old wifeys and behind the counter was always full of young lads who took great pleasure in shouting, every time it was number 69's turn 'WHO'S THE LUCKY LADY???!!!!' Needless to say aforementioned old wifeys weren't particularly pleased!!!

Right, I'm off to bed now and when I get up it will only by 68 sleeps and I haven't any 68 stories but feel free to add a one if you've got one!!!

Night night

T

aka dirtyepic

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

m68.png

Its the best I could do...M68

This 7.8th magnitude globular cluster lies at a distance of about 33,000 light years, and its members are spread over a volume of about 106 light years diameter. It has at least 42 known variables. Harlow Shapley had already found of which 28 so-called "cluster Variables" (RR Lyrae stars), one of which (No. 27) has later been shown to be not a cluster member (Greenstein, Bidelman and Popper, 1947). Shapley also gave the ellipticity of this globular as 9 in 1930, while in 1949, he described it as round when accounting for its 2000 brightest stars. In amateur telescopes it actually appears round, although some observers (including John Mallas) perceived it as oval.

:P:P

sau.jpg

In mathematics

Sixty-seven is the 19th prime number (the next is 71), an irregular prime, a lucky prime, and the sum of five consecutive primes (7 + 11 + 13 + 17 + 19). It is a discriminant to the Heegner number -67.

Since 18! + 1 is divisible by 67 but 67 is not one more than a multiple of 18, 67 is a Pillai prime.

[edit] In science

The atomic number of holmium, a lanthanide

[edit] Astronomy

Messier object M67, a magnitude 7.5 open cluster in the constellation Cancer

The New General Catalogue object NGC 67, an elliptical galaxy in the constellation Andromeda

The Saros number of the solar eclipse series which began on -727 February 20 and ended on 571 April 10. The duration of Saros series 67 was 1298.1 years, and it contained 73 solar eclipses. The Saros number of the lunar eclipse series which began on -660 July 1 and ended on 656 September 9. The duration of Saros series 67 was 1316.2 years, and it contained 74 lunar eclipses.

[edit] Other fields

Sixty-seven is:

The registry of the U.S. Navy's aircraft carrier USS John F. Kennedy (CV-67), named after U.S. President John F. Kennedy

The number of the European route E67, the Via Baltica from Prague to Helsinki

The number of the French department Bas-Rhin

Chicago's song Questions 67 and 68

Elton John's song "Old '67" on The Captain & The Kid CD, (2006)

The number of counties in Florida

[edit] In sports

Buddy Arrington's best-known NASCAR car number

The Ottawa 67's, founded in 1967

Fred Davis, an English billiards player won the World Billiards Championship at age 67

GobzZzie

Cant believe you've let this drop already...

are we still up to date?

Logo_hyperlink_RGB.jpg

I'm already getting confused :P

This is what I meant...is it 66 or 65 sleeps to go...I am shite at maths! Posted 67 as Saturday 00.01pm kicked in so surely its 65 days from the 16th (tomorrrow as I write this!)

Dont want the countdown to run away with itself too early and find we are heading there 4 days early or something... :P