yusaf islam

Guest cidy

please let this be ,would make my glasto specially if he plays the older stuff listenened to the new album and it aint bad but would love to hear father and son ,wild world,first cut is the deepest to name but a few,just hope he dont clash with anything else,maybe he`ll take the sunday afternoon slot that christy moore took in 2004 for eg.

i think yusaf playing could possibly be one of the most important appearences ever at the festival, when you think of the world at the moment and how East seems to be pitted against west. and all the anti -islam stuff. Yusaf did not pick up a guitar for over three decades because of his beliefs and him making new music is incredibly powerful and maybe at somewhere like Glastonbury tap into the magic to find a message of unity and peace. It could be the one time you see the true power of music.

i think yusaf playing could possibly be one of the most important appearences ever at the festival, when you think of the world at the moment and how East seems to be pitted against west. and all the anti -islam stuff. Yusaf did not pick up a guitar for over three decades because of his beliefs and him making new music is incredibly powerful and maybe at somewhere like Glastonbury tap into the magic to find a message of unity and peace. It could be the one time you see the true power of music.

If I recall, he did a mixed bag of stuff at a showcase in New York a while back... Maybe "Peace Train" and "Moonshadow"? Would truly be monumental if he did a real proper set with a few new things, a lot of old things & maybe a couple surprises. Not getting my hopes up, but wow.... Just wow.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
How open minded and so much in the spirit of Glastonbury! Yusuf Islam has never been a religious fundamentalist in the narrow minded (and ignorant of the English language) way you mean. He's a man of principal and has never been extremist, unless you consider preaching love and forgiveness extremist.

How open minded and so much in the spirit of Glastonbury! Yusuf Islam has never been a religious fundamentalist in the narrow minded (and ignorant of the English language) way you mean. He's a man of principal and has never been extremist, unless you consider preaching love and forgiveness extremist.