Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest cidy

yusaf islam

please let this be ,would make my glasto specially if he plays the older stuff listenened to the new album and it aint bad but would love to hear father and son ,wild world,first cut is the deepest to name but a few,just hope he dont clash with anything else,maybe he`ll take the sunday afternoon slot that christy moore took in 2004 for eg.

t'would be cool, especially if the cat stuff is done. fingers crossed..

i think yusaf playing could possibly be one of the most important appearences ever at the festival, when you think of the world at the moment and how East seems to be pitted against west. and all the anti -islam stuff. Yusaf did not pick up a guitar for over three decades because of his beliefs and him making new music is incredibly powerful and maybe at somewhere like Glastonbury tap into the magic to find a message of unity and peace. It could be the one time you see the true power of music.

I would walk over broken glass AND hot coals to see him...I can't promise I won't blub all the way through his set though...

PLEASE let him play! It would be the perfect late 40th present...... :O

i think yusaf playing could possibly be one of the most important appearences ever at the festival, when you think of the world at the moment and how East seems to be pitted against west. and all the anti -islam stuff. Yusaf did not pick up a guitar for over three decades because of his beliefs and him making new music is incredibly powerful and maybe at somewhere like Glastonbury tap into the magic to find a message of unity and peace. It could be the one time you see the true power of music.

Does he still play any of the old stuff? He's performed elsewhere a few times - anyone know?

He wanted to have kids have a family see them grow up before returning to music.

If I recall, he did a mixed bag of stuff at a showcase in New York a while back... Maybe "Peace Train" and "Moonshadow"? Would truly be monumental if he did a real proper set with a few new things, a lot of old things & maybe a couple surprises. Not getting my hopes up, but wow.... Just wow.

I bring sad news - Yusaf Islam isn't going to be playing after all ... the word I've had is that he was 'too nervous' about playing. :P

THIS IS SHIT NEWS!

Do you think he would play if we all linked hands and sent out a big love vibe towards him? :lol::P

I bring sad news - Yusaf Islam isn't going to be playing after all ... the word I've had is that he was 'too nervous' about playing. :P

nervous? you kiddin. was just watchin him on bbc hd not long ago. he had the balls to do that. how much nerves do you need to play say a tent at glasto.

Is he still a religious fundamentalist? Is he still supporting fatwas on people who write things he doesn't like? Or has he backtracked on all that stuff now that he's got a new album out?

Is he still a religious fundamentalist? Is he still supporting fatwas on people who write things he doesn't like? Or has he backtracked on all that stuff now that he's got a new album out?

How open minded and so much in the spirit of Glastonbury! Yusuf Islam has never been a religious fundamentalist in the narrow minded (and ignorant of the English language) way you mean. He's a man of principal and has never been extremist, unless you consider preaching love and forgiveness extremist.

How open minded and so much in the spirit of Glastonbury! Yusuf Islam has never been a religious fundamentalist in the narrow minded (and ignorant of the English language) way you mean. He's a man of principal and has never been extremist, unless you consider preaching love and forgiveness extremist.

it does seem a bit odd to start an argument with someone whos last post was october 2007? not really gonna get a response