pop up tents

Guest marky1314

i have - took it to Reading last year. F'in brilliant things but a nightmare to carry especially on coach/train. Like carrying a huge spartan war shield but more springy! :O

i have a quecha 3 second tent and i used it for both V and Reading last year and it was perfect. we had some heavy downpours at both festivals and it held up fine and i cannot recomend them highly enough.

in fact i saw thousands of the things everywhere throughout the campsites.

i find it odd some people struggle to pack them away at all as i find it a piece of piss but some people have said they found it tricky.

Edited by jaygill

New

Eurohike Flash Pop Up Tent

Eurohike

See more Eurohike

product code 095041

See more Tents

£59.99

The clever design of this three person tent means you don't have to struggle to assemble it: as you remove it from its rucksack-style carry bag it pops up into shape straight away. It has a fire retardant, double polyester skin with fully taped seams, polyester groundsheet and breathable inner, with No-see-um mesh and fibreglass poles. An ideal tent for festivals and weekends away in spring and summer.

Recommended Use

Great for festivals and spring or summer weekends away

Buy this product

Product options

Colour:

Green

Quantity

www.millets.co.uk

Wish that I had bought one of these now B) I was just worried about the 'throwing up into the air bit' and it coming down on somebody's head/tent/beer/my head :O

Added info...

The Quecha one's are only about £30/£35 ish - bargain! B)

From the sound's of it they need to do more different colours tho n pronto! Otherwise we is all gonna be getting confused with fields n fields of Quecha tents!!!

*is that my tent? No that's my tent! Or maybe that's my tent? Help!* Ha ha! :O

:OB):D

This is what initially put me off getting one. Sounded good at first - a tent that you just throw into the air and voila (spelt correctly?) "your palace awaits you."

Lets just say that I am useless with this sort of thing, and even with instructions I couldn't put down my children's pop-up tent! To this day it stands in the garden: a reminder of my daughters birthday - last year :D

Edited by Boris

They are fairly light- but the 3 second Air is one of the heaviest- all the stats are on the special Seconds website link I posted including comparative PDF's etc. etc. Basically I think I'm going to get a 3 second Air since I live in Spain and I need something cool. But these aren't just a tad heavier also bear in mind they have a diameter of approx 1 Meter- so it's like a huge shield on your back. You woudn't want to carry it far in your hands and it would be very awkward at the Glasto turnstiles if it was on your back. Plus being such a large disc they can be difficult to get into your car- depending what car you have. The new Seconds light tents apart from being lighter have a smaller diameter -70cm for largest so are presumably easier to carry around. But they are not quite as rigid as the old type- they require more proper pegging. As for using this type of tent in the UK- well I haven't tried then yet, but the Hydrstatic Head figure is quite low so I wouldn't trust 'em for anything except likely good weather, even with a coat of Fabsil. They can probably take more downpour when they're new mind.

Tent nerd strikes again!

Edited by Boris

Yeah, I have just managed to get my tent up - ON MY OWN! Not that I was panicking :(, I always knew that I could do the whole Ray Mear thing if I had to. :P Well - put a tent up, and that's about it :P. Now that it's up, I don't want to take it back down. I might just move into the garden until August :)

I am soooooo sad!!!

Edited by twinkygirl76