Pregnant Girlfriend & Glasto

Guest JJ28

When you get there, visit the medical centre by the farm and let them know you are there. That way if there is a problem they will be more prepared. My wife was about 14 weeks pregnant in 2004 and apart from the fact she was still puking everything was ok. 27 weeks is a long way gone and a lot more risk

Second checking in at the medical centre, just so they are aware.

Make sure she's got really comfortable reliable footwear and a decent lilo! Try and camp somewhere quiet- if you can find somewhere near a hedge/trees it will be cooler and she will be able to sleep better hopefully. She's probably going to want to take it a wee bit easier by June and may tire quicker, but I think if she's doing well health-wise she should be fine. I always felt incredibly well at that stage of pregnancy and didn't really slow down till the last few weeks- it's a nice time, as the nausea and incredible tiredness of early pregancy will have passed, and she's not going to be as big as she will get by 40 weeks.

I'd probably be inclined to spend more time in the greenfields where it's more relaxed and you're less likely to be jostled, and if you are going to the bigger bands, keep on the edges. A folding chair in a bag will be a godsend, and if it looks like it's going to be a scorcher, anything to keep cool (parasol, fan, that aerosol cooling spray etc) will also be useful.

Good luck! :O

I was 6 months pregnant in 2004 and I had a great time, I had problems before glasto so we were very careful. Good air bed Tesco are going two singles that zip together to make a two storey single bottom one filed to capacity top one filled to soft consistencey for comfort. With top one squishy she should sink in not be rolling about on top less chance of rolling off. I had lots of water with me and made sure I had some in a bottle at all times as I got thirsty a lot and a portabel potty is a great idea, my cousin takes on every year for in the tent. You can get them from Mothercare and of course use them when the little one is old enough. Just remember to put two of the throw away bags and lots of loo roll they are after all make for little wee's. :O

If you venture into the crowds always try and be by the sound tower where ther is a fence that you can use to protect her from people bumping her and also something waterproof to sit on (boys have been know to wee there late urrgh)

All in all I had one of my best fests and everyone let me go at my own pace which was a lot slower than usual.

Hope she has a great time and good luck to you bothXX

Brilliant! A post-birth Glasto.

Firstly - don't seek out a crazy Wiccan to induce an early pregancy, as cool as it would be to tell your bairn s/he was born at Glasto, it's too stressful and you might miss that session band pretending to be The Who. :O

Secondly - I'd second going to the first aid tent, even camping not too far away. There are trained doctors there (anything for a free Glasto!) and they'll be helpful/useful for them to know.

Thirdly - Take it easy! Have a great Glasto and enjoy the peaceful vibes. It doesn't matter how hectic Glasto is, it's got to be better when 28 weeks pregnant than a stressful city centre.

Good luck!

There are Midwives on site at the medical tent and they ask that you let them know the map reference of where you are camping so if there is a problem they can get to you.

Also the Association of Radical Midwives is having a tent again (in the Greenfields i think) where you can chill out, have a massage, or a belly cast done, meet other pregnant mums or just chat to a midwife about any worries. there will be storytelling, books and leaflets available and some freebies. Look forward to seeing you there :O

Donna (Radical Midwife)

I would also recommend discussing it with your midwife closer to the time, particularly if any complications arise- eg. high blood pressure etc. Your midwife will be able to advise whether there's anything you could do to help make sure you don't have any problems. It certainly isn't uncommon for pregnant women to come to Glastonbury, and after all, pregnancy isn't an illness and shouldn't interfere with most normal activities.

It's worth remembering that food poisoning is a more serious matter in pregnancy, which is why pregnant women are advised to avoid food considered to be higher risk like smelly cheeses and uncooked eggs etc. It might be worth getting some alcohol hand sanitiser gel to make keeping hands clean easier, and take extra care to wash hands thoroughly, particularly before eating. Festival tummy bugs are unpleasant enough to want to avoid anyway.

JJ28

Hope you enjoy it. We had great fun doing them a couple of years ago caused quite a crowd one time, as although there was a room in the back of the tent for the belly casting in private, one woman decided to do it outside in the sunshine. People going past thought she was giving birth :O (she was nine mnths pregnant).

We had a whole row of bellies outside the tent that women came back and decorated and then picked up on the last day they also look very impressive on the backshelf of cars going home . It does get quite messy but great fun. My 7 yr old daughter was a dab hand doing belly casting by the end of her first session too.

Donna

• 1 month later...

Woohooo good for you…

we went to Isle of Wight when i was 34 weeks pregnant last year, i love it, spent the whole weekend with my tummy painted as a face raving on my husbands shoulders and laughing at tripped out people, everyone used to stop me for chats and towards the end of the days when people were mashed up they used to run over and ask to touch and kiss my tummy...

I personally would say - be prepared for people wanting to give their love to your bump - I know some ladies hate it, I personally loved it, but if you do hate it don’t flash the bump around –

Also take wee bottles for the tent…

Watch out for tent ropes as they can trip you up.

Comfy bed.. Preferably single blow up as a double just doesn’t work!

Take 3 pillows… 1 for head, 1 behind back and the other in-between the knees, she is probably already doing this but its really needed on an air bed as they don’t support you like normally beds

SUN TAN LOCTION FACTOR 50 you burn so easily when preggers

Only where g-strings and long flat comfy skirts as they are easy to pee in when you have to squad… ha ha your girly will understand what I mean without subjecting everyone to TMI!!

I will send you a picky of me at IOW I used an umbrella painted with ‘baby bump’ on and ‘don’t bump the bump’ and a stick lady with a bump on her belly and big boobs to warn people where I was standing (also greta in finding people) –

Have attached picky!!

loufestibump.jpg

You will see us this year with our 10 month old daughter Constance Avalon (as in the field and not the isle!) .. I am so excited and if we see you - can I get my little one to give you good baby festi vibes :unsure:)

you are going to have the best time... i promise you, just have fun and soak up the love. - its a truly magical thing

-

• 1 year later...
Anyone got any tips?

My Girlfriend will be (hopefully if all is ok) 27 weeks pregnant over the festival.

Looks like I will be lugging all the camping equipment in then

:D

I have been worried as my wife will 5 months when we get there, wondering if it's the right thing to do. It's great to see so many positive posts and folks that are going whilst preggers.

• 6 months later...