Where's our weather thread?

Guest leland

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the glasto festival forecast

Great for lighthearted (and sometimes Gallows!) humour, and it looks like you have at least one professional on board. :P

Make sure you use this site among your sources : theweatheroutlook.com

They are ultra geeky there, particularly on their Community chat, but maybe someone with more time and with much more extreme weather-enthusiasm than myself, can join and interact with them and get their opinions on prospects for late June ... in due course! They're being quite cautious on their chat threads at the moment though, so best postpone that for a while .....

Edited by William of Walworth

HEHE i loved the weather thread in 2005. People were having actual meteorological arguments and we had people from the weather forums commentating. Then we had three days of Sahara sunshine and a f**king monsoon.

Surely no year was worse than 2005?? I walked to the cash points during the storm and it was seriously scarey. Rivers, mudslides 360 degree forked lightning people running around screaming. Then you couldn;t walk between stages without it taking two hours and losing 3 pairs of boots. Wish i new how to post pics on here, i hae this wicked one with a don;t walk on the grass sign stuck in 3 acres of brown mud in front of the other stage!

Metcheck

oh.... @%@£% ! ] :P

Edited by Stashbox

OK GIRLS AND BOYS!!!

You cannot predict the weather for the exact glasto days with any accuracy this far in advance! HOWEVER!!! You can predict TRENDS>>>>

Here's the met offices prediction for this summer:

There is a high probability (at least 70%) that mean summer temperatures will be above the 1971-2000 long-term average over much of western Europe, including the UK. Indications for this year suggest the odds for a particularly hot summer, similar to those experienced in 2003 and 2006 across the UK, are around 1 in 8.

Precipitation

Prospects for rainfall are uncertain. However, there are currently no indications of an increased risk of either a particularly dry or a particularly wet summer.

SOUNDS GOOD!!!!

Edited by badbob

BUMPED for the benefit of inobservant idiots :)

:P

THIS has now become the Official Glasto Weather thread here and anyone who without any good reason and without even fukken LOOKING, starts YET ANOTHER :P new one, can expect to be subjected to merciless insults and searing criticism of their clearly feeble cranial powers ..... :D

There's been at least ten weather threads in 2007 already, and about four or five in the last week. Get a fukken grip people!

<wishes for microclimate one tent radius in size, whereby duplicate threadstarters have their tents, and noone else's, rained on all Glasto weekend, while rest of us are bathed in hot sunshine ... :( >

HOW many weather threads???

<prepares to brutally murder kloot for not even being arsed to check the main weather thread where this link was posted yesterday>

<remembers Glasto spirit and spares kloot's life>

Yer a lucky man kloot :P

:P

Edited by kloot

in hearsay and conjecture corner:

just been speaking to some of the weather analysts i work with and they have heard on the grapevine that the met office's proper (ie the one you pay an absolute mint for) long range forecast is predicting a cold and wet may followed by a warm and dry june and july. they can't predict with any degree of accuracy exactly when the rains will stop, but they can make a reasonable guess. it's something to do with the uk having aquired a monsoon season.

And yer an idiot.

I was first to post this on this board.

I posted this last weekend. It is palpably not another thread devoted to predicting the weather, only the illiterate or painfully stupid could conceivably ever mistake it as such.

It is you who couldn't even be arsed to check things, and you who ought to be brutally murdered (according to you anyway).

We'd all appreciate it if you didn't flounce across the boards with this sort of self important, inflated, miss informed buffoonery.

Cheers.

in hearsay and conjecture corner:

just been speaking to some of the weather analysts i work with and they have heard on the grapevine that the met office's proper (ie the one you pay an absolute mint for) long range forecast is predicting a cold and wet may followed by a warm and dry june and july. they can't predict with any degree of accuracy exactly when the rains will stop, but they can make a reasonable guess. it's something to do with the uk having aquired a monsoon season.