Flag Building tips

Guest thazlewood

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone any experience of repairing a flag?

The metal rings where the bungee's go through are coming away from the material slightly, and wondering the best way to repair/sew these?

Edited by Howl

just get a cheap rear bike light, led type, only about £3 and you can zip tie them to the top, set them to flash and they should last the whole festival with fresh batteries

I've never built a flag before, but I have a few questions on the matter,

Basically, when I got my tent home last year I realised whit it had been leaking, the eyelets that the poles are supposed to go into a destroyed, and there's a rip in one side (i don't know why i didn't see this before).

So, I figured, long fibreglass tent pole = pretty good flag pole.

Making the flag isn't the problem, what I was wondering, is how do you make it stay in the ground! I can't hammer fibreglass in, in fact, as I may well be training it, I can't really afford to take a hammer either.

I was gonna suggest taking an old broom handle to hammer into the ground and gaffer tape the pole to that but i'm guessing you wont really wanna be taking a broom handle on the train either :(

I was gonna suggest taking an old broom handle to hammer into the ground and gaffer tape the pole to that but i'm guessing you wont really wanna be taking a broom handle on the train either :(

Just a quick paint question...

Whats your thoughts on acrylic car paint on a polyester flag?