Flag Building tips

Guest thazlewood

:O

The letters I'll get from the snotty inhabitants near me...

"Dear Sir,

Would the residents please be reminded that the following report from a homeowner is not acceptable:

"A flagpole then smashed my window at 2am and I heard a male voice shouting - 'nope, not strong enough that string you know, you were right' - before the pole was roughly dragged back out through the window."

Regards

Du Management"

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah... I put mine about 6 feet up... It's just to add a little more stability and to stop it from being lifted off the stake, but not a make or break (unless its blowing a gale... which it WON'T be!!)

i've never taken a flag to glasto, i was contemplating taking one, yet you guys make it sound so complicated, admittedly i'm not good with crafts, but i thought 'pah how hard can it be?' well now i fear that its too hard for oneself!! maybe i could convince a friend to do one :DB):O

i've never taken a flag to glasto, i was contemplating taking one, yet you guys make it sound so complicated, admittedly i'm not good with crafts, but i thought 'pah how hard can it be?' well now i fear that its too hard for oneself!! maybe i could convince a friend to do one :DB):O
Edited by mrfunk

i also discovered the skyblue leisure site and its fantastic!!! i am now very proud to have my own 5 meter erection in my back garden with a 3ft inflatable man on the top :P

am also planning on making some cowprint banners to go down the rest of the pole to match my beautiful cowprint tent :P

Just camp next to us at CAMP FUNK Kidney Mead.. you will not need a flag laugh.gif tongue.gif

You won't miss it

LOL, you're really pimping your pitch Mr Funk, no offence, Where is kidney mead? I'm actually quite tempted to join you, don't know if i could bare to leave Oxlyers though. Having said that, there doesn't seem to be many e-festivalers at Oxlyers and i've decided to make an appearance this year rather than hiding in the shadows.

Right, back on topic!

Deffo going to make a flag this year, didn't realise the poles were that cheap (previously thought about carp fishing rods). I'm going to get a 9 meter pole as there's 3 of us coming this year so we can add a flag each. Thinking I might get together with them this weekend and start designing as I need something to do that doesn't cost money because T-day cleared me out. Anybody know if it's Ok to use the E-festivals logo???? Was thinking about this for t-shirts too... would be nice to have one with my avatar on the front and the e-fests logo on the back for recognition sakes (i really do look like my avatar), will have to ask Neil if this is OK.

GobzZzie

I have a parcel to collect from good old Royal Mail... I'm presuming it's the flag and poles ready to start work!

That's my weekend sorted. Me mam's back garden has been requested for a trial run over the weekend - string and masking tape at the ready!

Having now relented and looked at Skyblue...purchasing will be commencing very soon! Thinking of one of those banner flags and a 6 or 7 m flagpole too to add a collection of flags to. Got my white efestivals hand drawn flag with long tassles...which I just re-discovered in my garage, got the pirate flag, planning on doing some sort of design on the banner flag when I get it and any other sparkly tassly things I can add too!

Yay!

I'll be buying my stuff next friday when I get paid, gonna get a 9m pole as we were gonna fly 3 flags off it but having seen the inflatable man I fancy one of those along with 2 flags instead :P Gonna get a plain white flag too, start the designing of our Glasto flag within the next couple of weeks :P