Flag Building tips

Guest thazlewood

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the MOST fun I think you can have at Glastonbury... :OB) You weren't the individual who nicked mine at Oxegen were you :D:D

Dogburger - You don't need much wind for the thing to fly, and the telescopic poles are really flexible so as people have said, put the flag a couple of sections down so that it isn't bent over double... you can also do as the pic above, and mine at the top of the thread shows, and put a windsock at the top and the flag someway down!

I've got a 4m & a 6m pole I take every year to reading and will take to Glasto this year:-

picture3.jpgreadflag2.jpg

Bought the A3 efestivals one off Neil a couple of years ago. Would like to get a bigger one made though, it's a bit hard to see. Will Check with neil if he minds.

Edited by Player

Thanks for the advice, was just concerned that something as thick as bed-sheet material would just droop down, but I reckon as long as its not too big or weighty I'm going to be alright. Can't wait to get started. Although I'll be severely p'd off if all the work, expenditure and thought that goes in to it is ruined by some numpty coming along and acting like a school child and running off with it.

Might be worth trying one of the blank nylon 5' x 3' flags from skyblue... They come in a variety of basic colours, have brass rings built in for attaching to the pole, are pretty easy to work with, and don't get too heavy if they get wet... not that-that is going to be an issue this year :OB)

Might be worth trying one of the blank nylon 5' x 3' flags from skyblue... They come in a variety of basic colours, have brass rings built in for attaching to the pole, are pretty easy to work with, and don't get too heavy if they get wet... not that-that is going to be an issue this year :OB)

Basically, yes... I just put a good few turns of duck tape around the flag, where you've tied on the guy ropes, then peg them out...

It's good to have another positive thread to get the excitement going now the stress is passed... Shame there are always a few trolls out to try and pi$$ on it. :O

My baby!!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/somerset/glastonbury2...picture20.shtml

Been accompanying us to Glastonbury for quite a few years now!!! We have a flag raising ceremony. One of our lads, the lovely Nige, brings along a real flagpole every year and we decorate the ropes with bunting!!!

Made by own fair hands, took blinkin ages to get all the wonky lines right!

Not only shown on this bbc website but a few years ago Jo Whiley mentioned it on her radio show (me sis heard it) saying that she recognised it over the previous few years!

Our merry band of campers camp at the back of the second stage field right at the end of the railway tracks.

Home sweet home!!!

78 sleeps divvent ye knaa!!

DirtyEpic

Sounds like me and you have got exactly the same plans for our spare time over the next couple of months mate! You'll be able to find me over on the Downs with a large pole, various sheets of fabric, a big hammer, a stake, some paint and a digital camera!